25 Fun Facts About the Disney Fantasy
- Maiden Voyage: March 31, 2012
- Passenger Capacity: 4,000
- Gross Tonnage: 130,000 Tons
- Length: 1,115 ft, Beam: 136 ft, Draft: 26 ft
- Cruising Speed: 23.5 Knots
- Crew: 1,450 Cast Members on board at all times
- Ship Cost: $900 Million
- Dumbo & Timothy are located on the stern of the ship, weighing over 2,300 pounds. Dumbo is just over eight feet tall and has a wingspan of seven feet. Timothy is a little smaller with the height of 2’6″.
- It took 747 days or 17,928 hours to build the Disney Fantasy
- Godmother of the Fantasy is Mariah Carey
- Mademoiselle Minnie Mouse is the featured statue in the main atrium. She is dressed in vintage fashion with a parasol and streamer luggage at her side.
- Ship Builder was Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)
- There are 1,250 Staterooms – Inside: 150, Oceanview: 199 and Verandah 901
- The ship horn whistles 7 different musical tunes; “When you Wish Upon a Star”, “makes no difference who you are”, “Yo Ho”, “It’s a Small World”, “Be Our Guest”, “Hi Diddle Dee Dee” and “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.”
- There are over 5,336 beds on board
- In 1 month, over 15,776 cans of Coca-Cola will be consumed
The Fantasy’s Art Nouveau-inspired chandelier cascades downward from a massive, illuminated stained-glass flourish on the ceiling in vibrant hues of greens and blues. The chandelier itself is more than 10 feet in diameter, a one-of-a-kind work of art evoking a peacock in stained glass and more than 60,000 clear Swarovski crystal beads.
- The adult nightlife district Europa features five clubs and lounges that treat the senses to a taste of Ireland, England, France and Italy plus stunning skylines and signature cocktails inspired by Russia, Greece, Hungary and Spain.
- Muppet Pepe the King of Prawn is the star of the ship’s new Midship Detective Agency game, and has his very own stateroom. Located down the hall from the Oceaneers lab, the door to stateroom 5148 ½ is decked out with Pepe’s activity schedule, photos of his Muppet friends and notes from guests.
- Staterooms are 25% larger than the current industry average
- The AquaDuck is raised so to create more space on the upper-deck to party and relax.
- The Aqualab is the newest addition to the Disney Cruise Line. This 1,800-square-foot get wet area on Deck 12 is filled with pop jets, geysers and bubblers.
- Disney is the only Cruise Line that shows first run movies
- Each of the main restaurants on board can hold up to 696 guests; Enchanted Garden – Deck 2, Animator’s Palate – Deck 3 and Royal Palace – Deck 3
- Disney was the first cruise line to be granted special permission from the U.S. Coast Guard to have their lifeboats painted yellow, instead of the traditional orange. Disney made this request in order to keep the color theming of the ship consistent.
– Cody Woodbrey
Creating Magical Vacations
Posted on October 24, 2014, in Disney Cruise Line and tagged Caribbean, Cruise Line, DCL, Disney, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Fantasy, Disney Ships, Disney Travel, Dumbo, Europa, Fantasy, Mademoiselle Minnie Mouse, Port Canaveral, Ships, Timothy. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
I want to see Dumbo on the back!
Sent from my iPhone