Disney Cruise Line: Featured Ports and Itineraries for Early 2019
Disney Cruise Line Expands San Diego Season and Returns to Popular Tropical Ports from Both Coasts in Early 2019.
In early 2019, Disney Cruise Line will return to favorite destinations on a variety of itineraries, including an expanded two-month season from San Diego to the sun-drenched Baja and Mexican Riviera. A host of options to the Bahamas and Caribbean from Florida ports, plus cruises to the Southern Caribbean from San Juan, Puerto Rico, take Disney Cruise Line Guests to visit timeless tropical locales and experience endless amounts of Disney magic.
From January to May, all cruises departing from Florida feature a stop at Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island paradise reserved exclusively for Disney Cruise Line Guests. The award-wining island is a pristine Bahamian oasis boasting clear turquoise waters, white-sand beaches, world-class recreation and signature Disney hospitality.
San Diego, California to Baja and Mexican Riviera
Disney Wonder returns to San Diego for an extended season from March to May 2019, with a variety of two to seven-night cruises to Mexico where Disney Cruise Line Guests can enjoy vibrant culture, stunning beaches, exciting water activities, cliff diving and zip-lining through the jungle.
San Juan, Puerto Rico, to Southern Caribbean
In January, three special Disney Wonder cruises from San Juan sail to the Southern Caribbean, visiting tropical destinations renowned for beautiful sun-kissed beaches and warm azure waters. On these six- and seven-night sailings, Disney Cruise Line Guests can dive into charming island cultures, sunbathe on golden beaches and revel in local marketplaces.
Port Canaveral, Florida to The Bahamas and Caribbean
With three Disney ships in port and cruise lengths spanning three, four and seven nights, vacationers looking for a getaway in early 2019 have a full menu of options from Port Canaveral, near Orlando, Florida. Disney Fantasy continues to sail seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean voyages. Disney Dream embarks on three- and four-night Bahamian cruises to Nassau and Castaway Cay, and Disney Wonder will alternate similar three- and four-night itineraries throughout February.
Miami to Bahamas and Western Caribbean
To kick off 2019, Disney Magic continues sailing from Miami with four- and five-night voyages to the Bahamas, plus five-night Western Caribbean cruises. The magical shores of Castaway Cay await Guests aboard every one of these Disney Magic sailings. Other ports of call on the Bahamian voyages include Nassau and Key West, Florida, while a stop in Grand Cayman or Cozumel headlines the Western Caribbean itineraries.
Bookings open via phone for Platinum Castaway Club members on October 30, 2017, Gold Castaway Club members on October 31, 2017, Silver Castaway Club members on November 1, 2017 and to all Guests via phone and online on November 2, 2017.
Woodbrey Family Travel
Star Wars Day at Sea Returns in 2018 on Select Disney Fantasy Sailings
In 2018, the epic day at sea returns to Disney Cruise Line with 15 special Disney Fantasy sailings to the Caribbean from January through April. Star Wars Day at Sea transports guests to a galaxy far, far away to celebrate the legendary adventures and iconic characters from the Star Wars saga with Jedi, Wookiees, droids, Stormtroopers and others during the special day-long celebration.
Throughout the day, guest can enjoy immersive entertainment and activities that are all a part of the galactic adventure – including interactions with Star Wars Characters, Star Wars-themed family and youth activities, at-sea screenings of Star Wars films, unique food and beverage offerings, special merchandise and the “Summon the Force” deck party with a stunning fireworks finale.
Star Wars Day at Sea will be on 15 Disney Fantasy seven-night Caribbean cruises sailing from Port Canaveral, Florida.
Departing Jan. 6, 20; Feb. 3, 17; March 3, 17, 31; April 14, 2018, the Western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; Grand Cayman and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. Departing Jan. 13, 27; Feb. 10, 24; March 10, 24; and April 7, 2018, the Eastern Caribbean itinerary includes Tortola, St. Thomas and Disney Castaway Cay.
Please contact us for more information or to book one of these out of the world Disney Cruises.
Woodbrey Family Travel
Disney Cruise Line Unveils New Itineraries for Summer 2017
In 2017, Disney Cruise Line will sail on new itineraries and to new ports, including first-time visits to new destinations in Alaska and Europe. That summer, Disney Cruise Line also returns to Norway, the British Isles, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean and the Bahamas.
When you travel the world with Disney, you’ll experience impeccable attention to detail, distinctive service and original, award-winning entertainment. Disney Cruise Line truly offers something for everyone—from Broadway-style musicals to family-friendly activities, kids’ clubs, adults-only lounges and more. Your perfect paradise awaits!
In Alaska, you can see Icy Strait Point and Hubbard Glacier. And, in Europe, you’ll have the chance to visit Amsterdam, Netherlands and Portland, England – a short distance from Stonehenge prehistoric monument.
In addition, for the first time, the Disney Fantasy will sail from Port Canaveral on longer itineraries – new 10- and 11-night cruises to the southern Caribbean. Plus, select Disney Dream sailings from Port Canaveral will include two stops at Disney Castaway Cay.
Bookings open to Platinum and Gold Castaway Club Guests April 13 and to all other Guests April 14.
To book or get more information on taking a Disney Cruse, please contact us for a quote. Disney cruises are typically the cheapest the further out you book them.
For the first time, Disney Cruise Line will take guests to Alaska’s Icy Strait Point and Hubbard Glacier. These dramatic locations are part of a new nine-night itinerary on the Disney Wonder. Departing from Vancouver, British Columbia, on July 24, 2017, this itinerary also sails to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Tracy Arm Fjord.
Drift across crystal blue waters and explore scenic cities like St. Petersburg, Helsinki and Stockholm. Plus, stroll through the storybook-like streets of Amsterdam during a new 10-night sailing from Copenhagen to Dover.
Glide past mystical fjords and colorful coastal homes on a 7-night adventure from Copenhagen to 4 Norwegian towns. Or take a 10-night round-trip from Dover, England, which whisks you to Iceland, Scotland and a pair of captivating Norwegian port cities.
Traverse the spectacular Inner and Outer Hebrides off the west coast of Scotland on a 12-night roundtrip adventure out of Dover that travels to ports of call throughout England, France, Germany and Ireland.
Spice up your summer with a round-trip cruise from Barcelona. Itineraries ranging from 5 to 10 nights invite you to roam the bustling streets of picturesque cities in Spain, Italy and France. And you can reflect on each one’s distinct character as you recharge at sea.
On May 13, 2017, the Disney Magic embarks on a 15-night transatlantic crossing from Port Canaveral, Florida, to Copenhagen, with a stop in Amsterdam along the way. This itinerary also includes a call on Portland, England – another first-time port for Disney Cruise Line. Portland is a short distance from Stonehenge, the prehistoric ring of standing stones monument that is one of the Seven Wonders of the Medieval World.
Take rest and relaxation to the next level when you choose a brand new 10- or 11-night itinerary from Port Canaveral that transports you to idyllic islands like Aruba, Barbados and Curacao—each boasting a diverse array of land and sea activities.
Surround yourself with crystal blue waters, powder-soft beaches and nonstop family fun on a 6- to 7-night cruise leading you to treasured islands like Tortola, St. John’s and Castaway Cay.
Soak up the natural beauty and vibrant cultures of 3 tropical ports of call—Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Falmouth, Jamaica—during a 7-night round-trip cruise from Port Canaveral that includes a fun stop at Castaway Cay.
Navigate your way to the tropical shores of Nassau and Castaway Cay. Plus, enjoy an extra dose of Disney’s private island-a series of 4- and 5-night “double dip” cruises grants you 2 fun-filled stops at this beloved retreat.
Celebrate something special with a weekend jaunt from San Diego to Ensenada—a captivating city known for its stellar surfing conditions, innovative cuisine and legendary hot springs.
Savor top-notch amenities aboard a 14-night coast-to-coast cruise that takes you through the world-famous Panama Canal and calls upon 4 blissful port cities in Mexico and Columbia, before you land in San Diego.
Disney Cruise Line Annouces Two New Ships
We are extremely excited to share that Disney Cruise Line has just announced this morning for plans to build two additional cruise ships, bringing their fleet of ships to six cruise liners. Much like the current ships, both of these ships will continue to showcase Disney’s immersive family style entertainment with enchanting storytelling throughout these cruises.
The two new ships are approximately 135,000 gross tons with about 1,250 guest staterooms, making these ships the larger than both the than the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. Like last time, these ships will be built at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Germany, and are expected to be completed in 2021 and 2023.
The names, deck plans and itineraries have not yet been released but they are sure to surprise and delight their guests. As more information comes available, we will be sure to post again.
Disney Cruise Line Unveils Ports and Itineraries for Early 2017
In early 2017, Disney Cruise Line returns to favorite destinations in the Caribbean and Bahamas on a variety of itineraries, most from popular Florida ports. Limited-time engagements in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and Galveston, Texas, complete the line-up for the first part of the year.
During these sailings, you will visit timeless tropical locales, dive into charming island cultures, sunbathe on golden beaches and revel in local marketplaces. Most cruises feature a stop at Disney Castaway Cay, a private island paradise reserved exclusively for Disney Cruise Line Guests.
Bookings open Gold and Platinum Castaway Club Members on Oct. 7, 2015 and to the public on Oct. 8.
With three of Disney ships in port and cruises spanning from three to seven nights, you have a full line up of options from Port Canaveral in early 2017. The best part? Every sailing includes a day at Castaway Cay!
The Disney Fantasy will continue to sail seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean voyages, while the Disney Dream continues on three- and four-night cruises to Nassau and Castaway Cay. Beginning January 29, the Disney Wonder will alternate similar three- and four-night itineraries.
The Disney Magic continues sailing from Miami with three to five-night voyages to the Bahamas, plus select five-night Western Caribbean cruises, through March 31. Castaway Cay awaits guests aboard every one of these Disney Magic sailings! Other Bahamian ports of call include Nassau and Key West, while a stop in Grand Cayman or Cozumel headlines the Western Caribbean itineraries.
San Juan and Galveston
From San Juan, the Disney Magic sets sail on four seven-night cruises to the Southern Caribbean. Departing April 9, 16, 23 and 30, this limited-time engagement includes calls on Barbados, St. Lucia, Martinique, Antigua and St. Kitts.
The Disney Wonder completes a season in Galveston with two seven-night Bahamian voyages to Key West, Castaway Cay and Nassau on January 6 and 13. From there, the ship embarks on a six-night journey to San Juan on January 20 with stops in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Falmouth, Jamaica. Also, on January 26, a three-night cruise aboard the Disney Wonder takes guests from San Juan to Port Canaveral.
Stay tuned for more information on Disney Cruises sailing in 2017.
– Cody Woodbrey
Top 15 Reasons for Staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel
Throughout the years, I have been lucky enough to stay in all three Disneyland Resort Hotels. If you are looking for that extra special something on your next Disneyland vacation, this is it! Below you will find a list of the many benefits of staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel. Trust me when I say, Disneyland can get more magical than it already is, and staying at one of these hotels can make a big difference!
1. Guests have quick and easy access to the Disneyland parks and Downtown Disney – they are literally steps away!
2. Disneyland Resorts are the top rated hotels in the Anaheim area – All Disney Resorts are AAA Diamond rated.
3. Resort rooms are much nicer and more spacious than the surrounding hotels.
4. You can request a wake up call from your favorite Disney characters.
5. Step into the storytelling and magic of Disney everywhere you go – Disney touches are in your rooms, the lobby, pool area, restaurants, even in the carpet and wall paper! You will be completely immersed in the magic!
6. Get Disney’s legendary quality services and help 24 hours a day – If something goes wrong or you have questions, a Disney cast member will be right there to help. Disney has very high standards when hiring their cast members. They are polite and always willing to help. They will go the extra mile!
7. Each day guests have the opportunity to take advantage of the Early Morning Extra Hour into the parks. So, with a five day park ticket guests will be able to enter into the parks an hour before the parks open to the general public for five days. This is particularly nice for Disney’s California Adventure Park. As you may know, Radiator Springs Racers attraction is extremely popular and the line is always long. Having the extra hour in the morning not only saves you time, but within the first hour you can ride this attraction several times. We usually ride it three times during this hour. The same can be true for any of your favorite attractions at either park.
8. Resort pools are larger and are nicer than the surrounding area hotels, plus, each resort includes fun slides.
9. Each of the Disney Resorts have several activities that take place every day that the whole family can enjoy including: arts and crafts, special showings of Disney films, pool parties, computer games, and dinner at the fun-filled child activity center. You don’t get anything like this at the other hotels.
10. Use your “Key to the Magic” card (room key) to charge meals and merchandise purchases right to your room.
11. Have merchandise delivered right to your hotel with Package Express Services at no extra charge.
12. If you’re staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa you have a private entrance into Disney’s California Adventure. In the afternoon, only Disney Resort guests can use this entrance.
13. When staying at one of the Disney hotels you can enjoy many of the amenities from all three hotels including the Mandara Spa at the Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
14. Guests have access to special tours available exclusively to Disney Resort guests (Experiences change pretty regularly. Ask the front desk when you arrive what they are during your stay).
15. Music from the fireworks and/or World of Color can be listened to in each guest room. If your room is facing the parks, you can watch the shows from your hotel.
If you are planning a trip to Disneyland, please contact me for more information and deals.
– Cody Woodbrey
Cody’s Summer Raffle and Promotions are Here!
Woodbrey Family Travel is excited to announced his Summer Promotion and Raffle!
Each summer, Woodbrey Family Travel has a big incentive for those who book Disney vacations in the month of July and August along with a Big Summer RAFFLE that takes place on his Facebook page. The details on how to enter the raffle and the booking offer are below.
Big Summer Raffle Details
Who doesn’t like to win FREE Disney merchandise just for commenting and sharing Facebook posts?! I know I do and here is your chance to do exactly that. Throughout the month of July until August 9th, share and comment on the new posts that are made. Each time you do so you will get an entry into the raffle to win Disney Merchandise. You could win one or several of the gifts in the above picture. Some posts will be worth double or triple entries so keep an eye out for those ones. If you book a Disney trip before August 9th you will automatically get 5 extra entries. There will be multiple winners!
Booking Incentives Details
When you book ANY Disney vacation package with Woodbrey Family Travel between now and August 9th, you will receive all sorts of extra Disney themed gifts when you book your trip. Below you will find the extra gifts that are given for each Disney Destination. Make sure to mention this blog or code DisneySummerGift to qualify for the extra gifts… So where will you be vacationing this next year?
Walt Disney World Vacation Package Gifts
Lanyards, Luggage Tags, Trading Pins, Disney Activity Book (Packages with kids)
Disney Autograph Book and Pen or Disney Activity Pack (One Per Child), Disney Key Chains (One Per Adult), Disney Crayons Disney (One Per Child), Toy Story Tsum Tsum
Disney Mini Golf Voucher, Planet Hollywood Souvenir Voucher (One per package)
Planet Hollywood $15 Meal Voucher (One per Package), Walt Disney Travel Savings book – Special offerings and savings at many participating dining and merchandise locations throughout the Downtown Disney shopping area – “Disney Springs.”
Disneyland Vacation Package Gifts
Diamond Anniversary Lanyards, Diamond Anniversary Luggage Tags, Diamond Anniversary Trading Pins, Disney Diamond Anniversary Activity Book (Packages with kids), Disney Diamond Anniversary Pen, Disney Diamond Anniversary Magnet, Toy Story Tsum Tsum, $10 ESPN Game Card, Free 5X7 photopass Photo (Photo can be either an attractions photo or one from the park), Disney Autograph Book and Pen or Disney Activity Pack (One Per Child), Disney Key Chains (One Per Adult)
Disney Crayons Disney (One Per Child), Walt Disney Travel Savings Card – A special card offering savings and values at many participating dining and merchandise locations throughout the Disneyland Resort and Early Entrance into Disneyland as long as you have 3 days or more.
Disney Cruise Line Vacation Package Gifts
$30 Onboard Credit, Disney Lanyards
Disney Trading Pins, Disney Activity Book (Packages with kids), Disney Autograph Book and Pen or Disney Activity Pack (One Per Child), Disney Key Chains (One Per Adult)
Disney Crayons Disney (One Per Child), Disney Dry Erase Board, Disney Playing Card, Toy Story Tsum Tsum, Disney’s Frozen String Bag and a Disney’s Frozen Kids Purse
Aulani Vacation Gifts
Disney Lanyards, Disney Trading Pins, Disney Activity Book (Packages with kids), Disney Autograph Book and Pen or Disney Activity Pack (One Per Child), Disney Key Chains (One Per Adult), Disney Crayons Disney (One Per Child), Disney Playing Card, Toy Story Tsum Tsum, Disney’s Frozen String Bag, Disney’s Frozen Kids Purse, Disney Chalk Board and a $30 booking Credit (Must be at least 6 nights)
Adventures by Disney Vacation Gifts
Disney Lanyards, Disney Trading Pins, Adventures by Disney Luggage Tags, Adventures by Disney laptop bag, Adventures by Disney, Disney Activity Book (Packages with kids), Disney Autograph Book and Pen or Disney Activity Pack (One Per Child), Disney Key Chains (One Per Adult), Disney Crayons Disney (One Per Child), Toy Story Tsum Tsum, Disney’s Frozen String Bag, Disney’s Frozen Kids Purse and a $50 booking credit (Must book at least a 6 night trip)
I hope, as you look to future Disney adventures, that you will think of Woodbrey Family Travel when planning. Remember, at Woodbrey Family Travel, my services are absolutely free. Disney takes care of me with no extra cost to you. I am a current Disney cast member and know Disney travel extremely well and I promise you will have the best possible trip planned when booking with us.
– Cody Woodbrey
Very Merrytime with Disney Cruise Line
This holiday season, delight in magical merriment at sea with Very Merrytime Cruises—a Disney Cruise Line event-available on the following sailings.
Holiday Cheer at Castaway Cay
A winter wonderland awaits you aboard each ship—as well as at Castaway Cay!
Disney’s private island paradise is transformed with “snow” flurries, a Christmas tree and more. Be on the lookout for Mr. and Mrs. Snowman, dressed in their island attire. Plus, the island’s tram is decorated to resemble a reindeer, complete with antlers and a tail.
On the ship, discover a festive fusion of holiday-themed entertainment, activities and décor—with a life-sized gingerbread house, 24-foot Christmas tree, garlands, poinsettias, shimmering lights and more!
Other holiday enhancements include:
- Deck the Deck Tropical Holiday Party, a celebration in addition to Pirate Night, with candy-cane limbo, dancing and games
- Tree Lighting Ceremony, where kids can help light the tree and kick off the holiday festivities
- Santa Claus meet-and-greet, an exciting opportunity to take family pictures and see Santa
- Meet-and-Greets with some favorite Disney Characters, dressed in their holiday attire
- Teen-only and tween-only holiday parties—private celebrations where teens and tweens can hang out with new friends
- Holiday storytelling, with new and old tales about holidays at sea and around the world
- Themed activities and crafts for kids—decorate stockings, make holiday cards, go on a holiday scavenger hunt and more
- A life-sized gingerbread house made completely with edible ingredients—and the opportunity to make your own gingerbread house*
- Holiday merchandise available for this event
On December 24 and 25, enjoy additional holiday experiences:
- Cookies on Christmas Eve
- Special holiday towel animals
- Special holiday surprise
- Holiday caroling with the kids and crew
- Religious Services
Very Merrytime Sailings:
Disney Magic: November 11 – December 23, 2015
Disney Wonder: November 6 – December 24, 2015
Disney Dream: November 9 – December 24, 2015
Disney Fantasy November 14 – December 19 2015
– Cody Woodbrey
Halloween on the High Seas with Disney Cruise Line
Discover treats, tricks, magical mischief and spooky surroundings as you celebrate Halloween on the High Seas! Thrills and chills await you at every turn with Halloween-themed parties, lively entertainment and elaborate décor-including an evolving Halloween Tree that eerily transforms throughout your cruise.
Special experiences include:
- Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party—an atrium party scare-a-bration in addition to Pirate Night—with ghoulish games, trick-or-treating, dancing and some favorite Disney Pals in their Halloween attire
- Halloween-themed activities for all ages, such as mask-making for kids and pumpkin-carving for teens
- Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream, an interactive movie experience where you’re part of the action, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack and Sally
- Haunted Stories of the Sea—a campfire-style storytelling experience on the top deck
- Halloween movie marathon to get you in the spirit, shown on Funnel Vision and on the dedicated in-room television channel
- Halloween Isn’t Just for Kids—an adults-only party that includes a costume contest
Disney Magic: October 4 – October 28, 2015
Disney Wonder: October 1 – October 23, 2015
Disney Dream: September 7 – October 30, 2015
Disney Fantasy September 5 – October 31, 2015
– Cody Woodbrey
25 Fun Facts About the Disney Dream
- Maiden Voyage: January 26, 2011 – 4 Night Bahamanian Cruise
- Passenger Capacity: 4,000
- Gross Tonnage: 130,000 Tons
- Length: 1,115 ft, Beam: 136 ft, Draft: 26 ft
- Speed: Cruising – 22 Knots, Max – 23.5 Knots
- Crew: 1,458 Cast Members on board at all times
- Godmother of the ship is Jennifer Hudson
- Sorcerer Mickey Mouse is on the stern of the ship and is about 14 feet long and weights about 2,500 pounds. Constructed of stainless steel and Fiberblass.
- The Sorcerer Mickey Mouse was sculpted in California, manufactured in Sarasota, FL, painted in Orlando and then transported by ship to Germany for final installation on the Disney Dream. The “ornament” traveled appropriately 15,000 miles.
- Admiral Donald is the featured statue in the main atrium
- There are 1,250 Staterooms – Inside: 150, Oceanview: 199 and Verandah 901
- The ship horn whistles 7 different musical tunes; “When you Wish Upon a Star”, “makes no difference who you are”, “Yo Ho”, “It’s a Small World”, “Be Our Guest”, “Hi Diddle Dee Dee” and “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.”
- Ship Builder was Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)
- Disney’s ships are the only ships to have four captains – the ship’s captain, Captain Mickey, Captain Hook and Captain Jack Sparrow.
- The ship can make over 1,200 tons of fresh water from seawater each day
- Disney is the first cruise line to introduce the rotational dining concept, where guests rotate between three different restaurants each night.
- The Dream’s Art Deco-Style chandelier has thousands of hand-crafted Swarovski crystal beads (88,680 beads) and colorful glass-work. Crafted in Brixen, Italy, the chandelier is 22 feet diameter at the ceiling plate and comes down 13 feet from the ceiling and is plated with 24kt gold
- On arrival day, cast members will transport approximately 14,000 suitcases
- There are approximately 80,000 lights on board – Double the industry average. The large number is the result of Disney’s flare for theatrical experiences – accomplished primarily with LEDs and other environmentally friendly lighting.
- There are two huge mosaic walls based on the Disney-Pixar animated film “Finding Nemo” located in Cabans casual-dining restaurant. Hand-crafted uniquely for the Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream by Italian artists, each wall is more than 25 feet wide and more than 8 feet high and contains approximately 194,500 tiles in 200 colors of hand-crafted Venetian enamel.
- The Dream was the first ship to have a water rollercoaster at sea, known as the Aquaduck!
Subtle nautical motif adorns Disney Cruise Line ships, including traditional maritime symbols and lettering that only the conscientious sailor can spot. For example, on the carpet in the Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream stateroom corridors, a ship’s wheel encompasses a map of the world and nautical flags spell out the name of the ship.
- Palo, the adult-exclusive dining, located on deck 12, can seat up to 144 guests (128 inside – 16 outside)
- All pools are filled with freshwater and are heated when the temperature drops below 75 Degrees
- The Walt Disney Theatre can seat 1,340 guests
– Cody Woodbrey
25 Fun Facts About the Disney Wonder
- Maiden Voyage: August 15, 1999 – 4 Night Bahamian Cruise
- Passenger Capacity: 2,400
- Gross Tonnage: 83,000 Tons
- Length: 964 ft, Beam: 106 ft, Draft: 25.3 ft
- Speed: Cruising – 21.5 Knots, Max – 24 Knots
- Crew: 950 Cast Members on board at all times
- Ship Cost: $350 Million
- Lobby Statue is Ariel
- Donald Duck is painting the back of the ship – Each ship has a different character
- Ship Builder was Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)
- Godmother of the ship is Tinker Bell
- On a 7-Night cruise over 15,000 pool towels will be used
- There are 877 Staterooms – Inside: 256, Oceanview: 259 and Verandah 362
- The ship horn whistles, “When You Wish Upon a Star”
- There are 5,390 pillows on board
- On an average 7-Night cruise, 10,000 lbs of Chicken are consumed
- The ship can make 500,000 gallons of fresh water from seawater each day
- Disney Wonder is almost as long as the Eiffel Tower is high
- One anchor alone weighs more than 3 elephants
- On arrival day, cast members will transport approximately 10,000 suitcases
- There is 1,367 miles of cable on the ship
- The ship is painted in Mickey Mouse-inspired colors – black hull, superstructure, yellow trim and two giant red funnels, each with the Disney Line Mickey Mouse Logo.
- Wood is used throughout the whole ship, which is rare for newer ships
- On average there are 86 different nationalities of cast members
- All pools are filled with freshwater and are heated when the temperature drops below 75 Degrees
– Cody Woodbrey
Disney Cruise Line – Summer 2016 Itineraries Revealed
Disney Cruise Line is excited to introduce more variety than ever in Summer 2016! For the first time ever, the Disney Magic will be sailing to the British Isles- including visits to Scotland, England, Ireland and France. Disney Cruise Line will also return to Norway, Iceland and ports of call in more than 15 European countries.
In addition to the tour of Europe with select sailings to Northern Europe, Norwegian Fjords, Iceland, British Isles, Greek Isles and the Mediterranean, Disney Cruise Line will revisit favorite destinations elsewhere around the globe including Alaska, the Caribbean and the Bahamas!
New British Isles
On June 5, 2016, Disney Cruise Line will sail from Dover, England on its very first British Isles Itinerary! The 12-night cruise on the Disney Magic will sail for the first time to Invergordon, Kirkwall, and Greenock (Glasgow), Scotland; Newcastle and Liverpool, England; Dublin, Ireland; Le Harve (Paris), France; and Guernsey; one of the Channel Islands.
On this stunning itinerary, Guests can explore the majestic beauty of Scotland, experience Highland culture, sample traditional cuisine and spirits, and discover the country’s iconic castles. Elsewhere on the itinerary, Guests will experience the merry, cosmopolitan city of Dublin, the culturally rich and romantic Paris, the birthplace of the Beatles and the British Invasion in Liverpool, and the charming Countryside of Guernsey.
Ports: Newcastle, England; Invergordon, Scotland; Kirkwall, Scotland; Greenock, Scotland; Liverpool; England; Dublin, Ireland; Le Harve, France; Guernsey; Dover, England
Departure dates: Disney Magic: Jun. 5, 2016
New Iceland and Norway Itinerary
Disney Cruise Line Guests can explore the natural wonders of Iceland with two new 12-Night Disney Magic sailings. Each itinerary includes two days in Reykjavik and a stop in Akureyri, Iceland; Bergen, Norway; and Kirkwall, Scotland. Departing from Dover, England and concluding in Copenhagen Denmark, then the June 17 cruise also visits Stavanger, Norway and New Castle, England. The July 13 cruise departing from Copenhagen, Denmark and concluding in Dover England also visits Olso and Kristiansand, Norway and Invergordon, Scotland.
On this itinerary, three days in Iceland provides time to explore the country’s rich natural wonders, from volcanoes, lava fields, to glaciers and thermal springs. In Norway, Guests are immersed in the splendor and charm of the country with exciting ports steeped in Viking history.
Ports: Jun. 17: New Castle, England; Kirkwall, Scotland; Reykjavik, Iceland; Akureyri, Iceland; Bergen, Norway; Stavanger, Norway; Copenhagen, Denmark
Jul. 13: Olso, Norway ; Kristiansand, Norway; Bergen, Norway; Akureyri, Iceland; Reykjavik, Iceland; Kirkwall, Scotland; Invergordon, Scotland; Dover, England
Departure dates: Disney Magic: Jun 17, 2016; Jul. 13, 2016
New Norwegian Fjords from Dover
For the first time, Disney Cruise Line will sail from Dover, England on a seven-night cruise to the majestic Norwegian fjords. Departing on May 29, the Disney Magic will visit Stavanger, Alesund, Geiranger and Bergen, Norway.
In Norway, Disney Cruise Line Guests will discover breathtaking natural wonders such as magnificent mountain ranges, massive glaciers and majestic fjords. The enchanting Scandinavian culture of the region comes to life through local attractions, stunning architecture, storybook villages and historic city centers.
Ports: Stavenger, Norway; Alesund, Norway; Geiranger, Norway; Bergen Norway
Departure dates: Disney Magic: May 29, 2016
More Summer 2016 Itineraries
During the summer of 2016, the Disney Magic will return to favorite destinations in Northern Europe, the Greek Isles and the Mediterranean with a variety of seven-night and longer sailings.
From May through August 2016, the Disney Wonder will return to Alaska, sailing from Vancouver, Canada to Tracy Arm, Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan.
In 2016, the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy will sail from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas and Caribbean on a variety of itineraries. Most of these cruises include a stop at Disney Castaway Cay, a private island paradise.
Please contact me for more information or to book one of these AMAZING Disney Cruises.
– Cody Woodbrey
Star Wars at Sea!
There will be 8 Select Disney sailings in 2016 on the Disney Fantasy that will have the Star Wars Day at Sea! These sailings will be a seven-night Western Caribbean cruise departing from Port Canaveral. Ports of call for these sailings are Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. The Star Wars Day at Sea is scheduled for the day after porting at Grand Cayman.
Talk about an out-of-this-world experience!! Happening one day during each of the eight sailings, guests will have a galactic experience that has never happened before on a Disney Cruise. Guests will get the opportunity to meet their favorite characters from the films, participate in galactic deck parties, watch fireworks, meet some of the actors from the films, and so much more. This is a cruise you don’t want to miss! Below is the outline of the Star Wars Day at Sea as given by Disney Cruise Line.
Star Wars Day at Sea event includes the following:
Force-filled Fun for Everyone
- Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers and other characters from across the Star Wars galaxy will be onboard for scheduled meet and greets, as well as roaming on deck and elsewhere around the ship. You’re also are encouraged to dress up in your own stellar costumes!
- A shipboard version of the popular Jedi Training Academy experience invites young Jedi hopefuls — known as “Padawans” — to learn lightsaber moves from a Jedi Master. They can then use the Force and face off in a final test against the evil Darth Vader.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, covering fun facts from the film and television sagas.
- For Younglings, Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities will be offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
- In the evening, adults entering the night club will feel like they stepped into the Mos Eisley cantina scene. Characters and cantina music set the mood as Star Wars-themed specialty cocktails are served.
Film Screenings and Celebrities
- You can watch the first six Star Wars films and follow Darth Vader, Obi Wan Kenobi, Luke and Leia along their epic journey.
- Also showing will be episodes of the new Disney X D animated series, Star Wars Rebels.
- On each of the special sailings, celebrities and insiders from the Star Wars galaxy will share their experiences, meet fans and sign autographs.
Star Wars Deck Party and Fireworks
- There’s intergalactic fun when the Star Wars deck party blasts off to an exciting evening filled with music, dancing and games.
- Star Wars characters converge on the deck stage for a celebration of the Star Wars saga in a show featuring special effects and Guest participation.
- The deck party culminates in a spectacular display of themed pyrotechnics, lighting, sound effects, lasers and Star Wars music.
Star Wars Day at Sea is available on these select sailings :
- January 9
- January 23
- February 6
- February 20
- March 5
- March 19
- April 2
- April 16
Contact me for more information or to book your Disney Cruise and May The Force Be With You!
– Cody Woodbrey