Once again, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is hosting this year’s Star Wars Weekends. Over the course of 5 weekends, Friday – Sunday, May 15 – June 14, guests have the opportunity to feel the power of the force with all new entertainment along with the chance to meet some of their favorite celebrities from the Star Wars films.
The universe of Star Wars comes to life for guests through having more than 60 Star Wars characters roaming the theme park for meet-and-greet opportunities, a Star Wars motorcade, and the “Symphony in the Stars” nighttime fireworks spectacular saluting iconic sounds of the films. The event will also feature event-exclusive merchandise at Darth’s Mall, Star Wars-inspired dining offerings where guests meet Star Wars characters, specialty food and beverages, interactive activities, and much more.
Many of the Star Wars Weekends’ favorite celebrities will be returning to this year’s event, such as: Warwick Davis – Wald and Wicket W. Warrick; Ray Park – Darth Maul; Peter Mayhew – Chewbacca; and several others. These celebrities, including the newcomers, will appear each weekend in star conversations, talk shows, autograph sessions, and motorcades.
Bringing his evil powers to Star Wars Weekends for the first time, actor Ian McDiarmid, Senator/Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars movies, will kick off Weekend I, May 15-17. And, to balance out the appearance of the dark side with a beacon of light, actor Frank Oz, the voice of Yoda in the Star Wars movies, will make his first event appearance in Weekend V, June 12-14, to finish out the event. Below is the full lineup of celebrities with the weekend they will be attending.
Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing some of my own experiences and excitement for attending Star Wars Weekends, so stay tuned for more information!
– Cody Woodbrey
There will be 8 Select Disney sailings in 2016 on the Disney Fantasy that will have the Star Wars Day at Sea! These sailings will be a seven-night Western Caribbean cruise departing from Port Canaveral. Ports of call for these sailings are Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. The Star Wars Day at Sea is scheduled for the day after porting at Grand Cayman.
Talk about an out-of-this-world experience!! Happening one day during each of the eight sailings, guests will have a galactic experience that has never happened before on a Disney Cruise. Guests will get the opportunity to meet their favorite characters from the films, participate in galactic deck parties, watch fireworks, meet some of the actors from the films, and so much more. This is a cruise you don’t want to miss! Below is the outline of the Star Wars Day at Sea as given by Disney Cruise Line.
Star Wars Day at Sea event includes the following:
Force-filled Fun for Everyone
- Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers and other characters from across the Star Wars galaxy will be onboard for scheduled meet and greets, as well as roaming on deck and elsewhere around the ship. You’re also are encouraged to dress up in your own stellar costumes!
- A shipboard version of the popular Jedi Training Academy experience invites young Jedi hopefuls — known as “Padawans” — to learn lightsaber moves from a Jedi Master. They can then use the Force and face off in a final test against the evil Darth Vader.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, covering fun facts from the film and television sagas.
- For Younglings, Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities will be offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
- In the evening, adults entering the night club will feel like they stepped into the Mos Eisley cantina scene. Characters and cantina music set the mood as Star Wars-themed specialty cocktails are served.
Film Screenings and Celebrities
- You can watch the first six Star Wars films and follow Darth Vader, Obi Wan Kenobi, Luke and Leia along their epic journey.
- Also showing will be episodes of the new Disney X D animated series, Star Wars Rebels.
- On each of the special sailings, celebrities and insiders from the Star Wars galaxy will share their experiences, meet fans and sign autographs.
Star Wars Deck Party and Fireworks
- There’s intergalactic fun when the Star Wars deck party blasts off to an exciting evening filled with music, dancing and games.
- Star Wars characters converge on the deck stage for a celebration of the Star Wars saga in a show featuring special effects and Guest participation.
- The deck party culminates in a spectacular display of themed pyrotechnics, lighting, sound effects, lasers and Star Wars music.
Star Wars Day at Sea is available on these select sailings :
- January 9
- January 23
- February 6
- February 20
- March 5
- March 19
- April 2
- April 16
Contact me for more information or to book your Disney Cruise and May The Force Be With You!
– Cody Woodbrey