BB-8 to Meet Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
Have you ever wanted to meet BB-8 the droid from Star Wars: Force Awakens? Well starting this spring at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort guests will have the opportunity to meet the famous droid. He will be meeting guests in the parks Star Wars Launch Bay.
BB-8 will appear in addition to Kylo Ren (or Darth Vader) and Chewbacca, the characters from the Star Wars galaxy who guests can regularly encounter at Star Wars Launch Bay.
Woodbrey Family Travel
Pandora – The World of Avatar Opens May 27, Star Wars-Themed Lands Set to Open in 2019 and more!
Today Disney is excited to share that Pandora – The World of Avatar will open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Park at Walt Disney World® Resort on May 27, 2017.
This new land will transport guests to the visually stunning world of Pandora. Here, they will wonder at floating mountains and bioluminescent plants, and can join the Na’vi on two excursions that take adventure to the next level.
First, the family friendly Na’vi River Journey will send guests through a bioluminescent rainforest. Their journey will end in an unforgettable encounter with a Na’vi Shaman, a figure who has a deep connection to the life force of Pandora. And second, Avatar Flight of Passage will offer guests the jaw-dropping experience of exploring the world of Pandora atop a Banshee.
Guests will also be able to dine at Satu’li Canteen, grab a drink at Pongu Pongu or shop for Na’vi cultural items, toys, science kits, and more at Windtraders.
Also, Disney is excited to announce that their new Star Wars-themed lands at Disneyland® Park in California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios® in Florida will be opening in 2019!
The Star Wars-themed lands are the largest-ever, single-themed land expansions at Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts. At each location, guests will be transported to a never-before-seen planet – a remote trading port and one of the last stops before wild space – where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life. Here’s a glimpse at one of the signature attractions which lets guests take the controls of the Millennium Falcon!
Woodbrey Family Travel
Star Wars™ Half Marathon — The Dark Side
Woodbrey Family Travel is one of the official runDisney travel provider for the Star Wars™ Half Marathon – Dark Side event at the Walt Disney World® Resort. Which means runners can reserve their spots for the various races with us.
When you book a runDisney package with Woodbrey Family Travel you do not only get an expert on all things runDisney but you will also receive special pricing on Walt Disney World Travel packages and not to mention each runner will receive several fun and exciting gifts. April 20 – 23, 2017 – Walt Disney World Resort, Florida
It is a weekend of galactic fun and fantastic runs during the Star Wars™ Half Marathon – The Dark Side – at the Walt Disney World® Resort. You’ll be running on Darth Vader’s turf with the Emperor’s white uniformed stormtroopers cheering you on your way. Darth Vader, the Galactic Empire Sith Lord, has a weekend of powerful surprises in store including spectacular runs, special events, entertainment, and much, much more!
Feel the power of the force with runs for Star Wars™ fans of every age including the Star Wars™ Half Marathon, Star Wars™ 10K, Star War™s 5K, and the runDisney Kids Races. Challenge yourself to the ultimate test with the Star Wars™ Dark Side Challenge combining the Star Wars™ 10K and Half Marathon. It’s all part of the Star Wars™ Half Marathon – The Dark Side. Choose your alliance! Run for the light side or run for the dark side – and May the Force be with you!
Disney Princess Half Marathon Packages include:
- Selected Race registration
- 2-day Magic Your Way® Ticket with Park Hopper®
- 2-night accommodation at either Disney’s Pop Century Resort or Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort (Guests can choose from the other Disney Resorts)
- Complementary Ground Transportation*
- Champion® Women’s Short-Sleeved Tech Shirt (Unisex cut available)
- Commemorative Finisher Medal
- Official Event Guide
- Personalized bib*(Must register by November 15, 2016 for name to appear on bib)*
- On-course and post-race refreshments
- ChronoTrack B-tag timed race with live runner tracking sign up for friends and family
- Personalized results website
Please contact us for additional information and to register for this event!
Terms and conditions
* Commentary ground transportation includes: Disney’s Magical Express® Transportation to and from Orlando International Airport and select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels, with complimentary luggage delivery. Disney shuttles buses to the famous Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, runDisney Health and Fitness Expo and to the event races. All bib registrations require a minimum of two nights in either Disney’s Pop Century Resort or Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort along with a minimum of a 2-Day Magic Your Way® Ticket with Park Hopper® Option. Make note the bib registration price does not include the cost for neither the room nor tickets. Tickets can be upgraded for more days in the parks and the Disney Dining plan can be added to any package.
** Participants must attend Packet Pick-up at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo to receive their race packet, bib, and tech shirt. Finisher medals will be distributed to finishers after the race. None of these items will be mailed to registrants who did not participate. Disney reserves the right to refuse the entry into, and/or revoke any registration for, any race for any reason in its sole discretion with refund of any applicable registration fees being the sole remedy of any such refusal and/or revocation.
All Disney names and logos are used with permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement by Disney, express or implied, of any organization, company, or fundraising campaign. Disney does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on this website. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of Disney, and agreement with those views may not be implied by use of the Disney names and logos.
New Star Wars Experiences Arrive at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
The Force is strong at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an addition of all new Star Wars-inspired entertainment and shopping experiences.
Star Wars Launch Bay
At the all new Star Wars Launch Bay, guests can interact with some of their favorite Star Wars characters by choosing to encounter the Dark Side in a Star Destroyer themed area, or visit with the brave Rebels in a makeshift Rebel Base. One path leads to Darth Vader, while the other leads to Chewbacca.
The Launch Bay also includes two different exhibits – Celebration Gallery and Celebration Hallway to view iconic ships from the Rebel Alliance and Imperial Navy fleet, as well as replica Star Wars props and murals. Guests excited for the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens can head to Preview Gallery to explore an area filled with costumes, artwork, models and more from the new film. And of course, guests will be able to shop at the Launch Bay Cargo, where they can shop a variety of Star Wars merchandise, including original artwork.
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
This well know attraction has been enhanced to feature new characters and adventures from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Including minor additions to older adventures so be sure to keep an eye out for those extra touches.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
The popular Jedi Training is back and ready for guests to experience something a little different and new. In this experience, Younglings join with the rebel alliance as young Padawans and learn how to become a Jedi at the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. This popular offering also has been enhanced to feature new characters, including a new villain – the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from Star Wars.
Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
For those who may not be up-to-date on the Star Wars film franchise, will have the opportunity to do so at the Star Wars: Path of the Jedi. Here, guests can view an abridged cinematic reel that reviews Star Wars episodes I-VII.
All New Star Wars-inspired food items have been added to menus throughout the park. These menu items will include foods such as Blue Milk Panna Cotta, Padawan Limeade, BB-8 Lemon and Butter Cream Cupcakes, and much more.
“Symphony In The Stars: A Galactic Spectacular”
Blasting off on December 18, 2015 an all new nightly firework show, “Symphony In The Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” will be added to the line up of great entertainment.
Starting January the 6th, guest will be able watch the fireworks from a reserved viewing area during a special dessert party – “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party.” There will be Star Wars-themed desserts and drinks. Guest will also receive a souvenir stein featuring one of the most beloved Star Wars characters, Chewbacca.
– Cody Woodbrey
Celebrities and Entertainment Announced for Star Wars Weekends 2015 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Once again, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is hosting this year’s Star Wars Weekends. Over the course of 5 weekends, Friday – Sunday, May 15 – June 14, guests have the opportunity to feel the power of the force with all new entertainment along with the chance to meet some of their favorite celebrities from the Star Wars films.
The universe of Star Wars comes to life for guests through having more than 60 Star Wars characters roaming the theme park for meet-and-greet opportunities, a Star Wars motorcade, and the “Symphony in the Stars” nighttime fireworks spectacular saluting iconic sounds of the films. The event will also feature event-exclusive merchandise at Darth’s Mall, Star Wars-inspired dining offerings where guests meet Star Wars characters, specialty food and beverages, interactive activities, and much more.
Many of the Star Wars Weekends’ favorite celebrities will be returning to this year’s event, such as: Warwick Davis – Wald and Wicket W. Warrick; Ray Park – Darth Maul; Peter Mayhew – Chewbacca; and several others. These celebrities, including the newcomers, will appear each weekend in star conversations, talk shows, autograph sessions, and motorcades.
Bringing his evil powers to Star Wars Weekends for the first time, actor Ian McDiarmid, Senator/Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars movies, will kick off Weekend I, May 15-17. And, to balance out the appearance of the dark side with a beacon of light, actor Frank Oz, the voice of Yoda in the Star Wars movies, will make his first event appearance in Weekend V, June 12-14, to finish out the event. Below is the full lineup of celebrities with the weekend they will be attending.
Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing some of my own experiences and excitement for attending Star Wars Weekends, so stay tuned for more information!
– Cody Woodbrey
Star Wars at Sea!
There will be 8 Select Disney sailings in 2016 on the Disney Fantasy that will have the Star Wars Day at Sea! These sailings will be a seven-night Western Caribbean cruise departing from Port Canaveral. Ports of call for these sailings are Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. The Star Wars Day at Sea is scheduled for the day after porting at Grand Cayman.
Talk about an out-of-this-world experience!! Happening one day during each of the eight sailings, guests will have a galactic experience that has never happened before on a Disney Cruise. Guests will get the opportunity to meet their favorite characters from the films, participate in galactic deck parties, watch fireworks, meet some of the actors from the films, and so much more. This is a cruise you don’t want to miss! Below is the outline of the Star Wars Day at Sea as given by Disney Cruise Line.
Star Wars Day at Sea event includes the following:
Force-filled Fun for Everyone
- Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers and other characters from across the Star Wars galaxy will be onboard for scheduled meet and greets, as well as roaming on deck and elsewhere around the ship. You’re also are encouraged to dress up in your own stellar costumes!
- A shipboard version of the popular Jedi Training Academy experience invites young Jedi hopefuls — known as “Padawans” — to learn lightsaber moves from a Jedi Master. They can then use the Force and face off in a final test against the evil Darth Vader.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, covering fun facts from the film and television sagas.
- For Younglings, Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities will be offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
- In the evening, adults entering the night club will feel like they stepped into the Mos Eisley cantina scene. Characters and cantina music set the mood as Star Wars-themed specialty cocktails are served.
Film Screenings and Celebrities
- You can watch the first six Star Wars films and follow Darth Vader, Obi Wan Kenobi, Luke and Leia along their epic journey.
- Also showing will be episodes of the new Disney X D animated series, Star Wars Rebels.
- On each of the special sailings, celebrities and insiders from the Star Wars galaxy will share their experiences, meet fans and sign autographs.
Star Wars Deck Party and Fireworks
- There’s intergalactic fun when the Star Wars deck party blasts off to an exciting evening filled with music, dancing and games.
- Star Wars characters converge on the deck stage for a celebration of the Star Wars saga in a show featuring special effects and Guest participation.
- The deck party culminates in a spectacular display of themed pyrotechnics, lighting, sound effects, lasers and Star Wars music.
Star Wars Day at Sea is available on these select sailings :
- January 9
- January 23
- February 6
- February 20
- March 5
- March 19
- April 2
- April 16
Contact me for more information or to book your Disney Cruise and May The Force Be With You!
– Cody Woodbrey