New Happenings at Walt Disney World This Summer
This summer is going to be filled with all new attractions and entertainment at Walt Disney World Resort. Each park will have something new to offer to their guests. The excitement doesn’t stop there but continues at Disney Springs and Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park. Several new shops, restaurants and entertainment will be opening throughout the summer at Disney’s Springs. Lastly, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park will have guest participating in all new Frozen Games with some of the characters from Frozen.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic Show – For the summer, Discovery River becomes the stage for music and pageantry in a limited-engagement show inspired by Disney’s hit live-action film The Jungle Book. The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic is a live show filled with music and special effects that celebrates the new film and the classic songs, now infused with an Indian influence.
- Tree of Life Awakenings – The Tree of Life swirls with dramatic color throughout the evening as artistic projections tell stories of love, adventure, humor and culture.
- Discovery Island Carnivale – When this nighttime dance party hits the streets, you’ll get to revel in the splendor of all living things alongside stilt walkers, musicians and more.
- Harambe Wildlife Parti – You’ll be able to join singers, dancers, acrobats and musicians for a wild and wonderful street festival that kicks off when the sun sets.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars Launch Bay – It’s the place to go for popular character encounters and more. The Launch Bay currently has guests meeting Chewbacca and Kylo Ren but soon Boba Fett too will be joining them.
- Star Tours– The Adventures Continue – On this thrilling attraction, you’ll travel to Jakku, an all-new destination from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple – Bring your Younglings to hone their Lightsaber skills in preparation to face the dark side.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular – Look to the skies for this nightly fireworks finale bursting with Star War music and magic. Disney’s Hollywood Studios is taking this firework show to the next level starting in June.
- Frozen Ever After – This boating adventure through Arendelle features favorite Frozen characters, songs and a visit to Elsa’s Ice Palace in the cool blue world of the North Mountain.
- Royal Sommerhus – You’ll have a royally good time as you meet Anna and Elsa in a charming Norwegian culture.
Magic Kingdom Park
- Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire – Music and magic arrive at the castle stage for a new show featuring Mickey Mouse and pals, along with characters from The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, and Frozen.
- Town Center – This new Disney Springs neighborhood will feature unique flagship stores, incredible boutiques, restaurants and much more.
The Force is strong at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an addition of all new Star Wars-inspired entertainment and shopping experiences.
Star Wars Launch Bay
At the all new Star Wars Launch Bay, guests can interact with some of their favorite Star Wars characters by choosing to encounter the Dark Side in a Star Destroyer themed area, or visit with the brave Rebels in a makeshift Rebel Base. One path leads to Darth Vader, while the other leads to Chewbacca.
The Launch Bay also includes two different exhibits – Celebration Gallery and Celebration Hallway to view iconic ships from the Rebel Alliance and Imperial Navy fleet, as well as replica Star Wars props and murals. Guests excited for the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens can head to Preview Gallery to explore an area filled with costumes, artwork, models and more from the new film. And of course, guests will be able to shop at the Launch Bay Cargo, where they can shop a variety of Star Wars merchandise, including original artwork.
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
This well know attraction has been enhanced to feature new characters and adventures from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Including minor additions to older adventures so be sure to keep an eye out for those extra touches.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
The popular Jedi Training is back and ready for guests to experience something a little different and new. In this experience, Younglings join with the rebel alliance as young Padawans and learn how to become a Jedi at the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. This popular offering also has been enhanced to feature new characters, including a new villain – the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from Star Wars.
Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
For those who may not be up-to-date on the Star Wars film franchise, will have the opportunity to do so at the Star Wars: Path of the Jedi. Here, guests can view an abridged cinematic reel that reviews Star Wars episodes I-VII.
All New Star Wars-inspired food items have been added to menus throughout the park. These menu items will include foods such as Blue Milk Panna Cotta, Padawan Limeade, BB-8 Lemon and Butter Cream Cupcakes, and much more.
“Symphony In The Stars: A Galactic Spectacular”
Blasting off on December 18, 2015 an all new nightly firework show, “Symphony In The Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” will be added to the line up of great entertainment.
Starting January the 6th, guest will be able watch the fireworks from a reserved viewing area during a special dessert party – “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party.” There will be Star Wars-themed desserts and drinks. Guest will also receive a souvenir stein featuring one of the most beloved Star Wars characters, Chewbacca.
– Cody Woodbrey
Disney is excited to debut all-new Star Wars experiences at Disneyland Park in Southern California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida in the coming months.
Beginning Nov. 16, 2015, guests visiting Disneyland Park will have the chance to jump to lightspeed with Season of the Force, featuring opportunities to meet some of their favorite Star Wars characters, experience an exciting twist on a favorite attraction and more.
Opening at Disneyland Park on Nov. 16 will be:
- Star Wars Launch Bay – This new area will offer opportunities to visit with favorite Star Wars characters, special exhibits, peeks at the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens and much more.
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – This popular attraction will feature a new scene inspired by the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Jedi Training Academy : Trials of the Temple – Coming in December, a twist on the Jedi Training experience will introduce new characters and a new villain from the popular Disney X D series, Star Wars Rebels.
- Hyperspace Mountain – For a limited time, guests will join an X-wing starfighter battle in this reimagining of the classic Space Mountain attraction.
- Other limited-time experiences include:
- An opportunity to revisit favorite scenes from classic Star Wars films at Tomorrowland Theater.
- Special themed food and beverage, merchandise and entertainment.
Disney will have release dates to share soon for Season of the Force at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
Disney Parks is also preparing to take guests to a galaxy far, far away with new Star Wars-themed lands. With groundbreaking scheduled to take place in 2016 for our largest single-land expansions ever, building the new 14-acre lands will be major projects at both Disneyland Park in Southern California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
Work to make room for this new land at Disneyland Park in California will require the Rivers of America and the Disneyland Railroad to close temporarily. The following will suspend operations at the end of the operating day on Jan. 10, 2016:
- The Disneyland Railroad, including all stations
- Attractions along the Rivers of America, including:
- Mark Twain Riverboat and Sailing Ship Columbia
- Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
- Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes
Elsewhere in Frontierland, Big Thunder Ranch – including Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue, Big Thunder Ranch Petting Farm and Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree – will close permanently at the end of the operating day on Jan. 10, 2016.
Stay tuned for more details on Season of the Force!
– Cody Woodbrey
At the D23 Expo 2015, Disney has announced an all new line-up of attractions and entertainment will be coming to both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – Later this year, Star Tours will include a new adventure featuring locations and characters from the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, giving guests a new adventure in the Star Wars galaxy. This will be in addition to the already 50 different sequences guests experience now.
- Star Wars Launch Bay – This interactive experience will take guests into the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, with special exhibits and peeks behind-the-scenes, including opportunities to visit with new and favorite Star Wars characters, special merchandise and food offerings. Star Wars Launch Bay will be located in the Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park.
- Jedi Training Academy – A favorite of younger fans is reimagined with a new experience that includes new characters and a new villain to battle from the popular Disney X D series “Star Wars Rebels.”
- Season of the Force – This new seasonal event, beginning early 2016, brings new experiences to both coasts. In Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park, you can explore the Star Wars galaxy with special entertainment throughout the land, themed food locations and more. Guests also will be thrilled to climb aboard Hyperspace Mountain, a reimagining of the classic Space Mountain attraction, in which guests will join an X-wing Starfighter battle. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Guests will close out weekend nights with a new fireworks spectacular set to the iconic score of the Star Wars movies.
– Cody Woodbrey