Disney is excited to debut all-new Star Wars experiences at Disneyland Park in Southern California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida in the coming months.
Beginning Nov. 16, 2015, guests visiting Disneyland Park will have the chance to jump to lightspeed with Season of the Force, featuring opportunities to meet some of their favorite Star Wars characters, experience an exciting twist on a favorite attraction and more.
Opening at Disneyland Park on Nov. 16 will be:
- Star Wars Launch Bay – This new area will offer opportunities to visit with favorite Star Wars characters, special exhibits, peeks at the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens and much more.
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – This popular attraction will feature a new scene inspired by the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Jedi Training Academy : Trials of the Temple – Coming in December, a twist on the Jedi Training experience will introduce new characters and a new villain from the popular Disney X D series, Star Wars Rebels.
- Hyperspace Mountain – For a limited time, guests will join an X-wing starfighter battle in this reimagining of the classic Space Mountain attraction.
- Other limited-time experiences include:
- An opportunity to revisit favorite scenes from classic Star Wars films at Tomorrowland Theater.
- Special themed food and beverage, merchandise and entertainment.
Disney will have release dates to share soon for Season of the Force at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
Disney Parks is also preparing to take guests to a galaxy far, far away with new Star Wars-themed lands. With groundbreaking scheduled to take place in 2016 for our largest single-land expansions ever, building the new 14-acre lands will be major projects at both Disneyland Park in Southern California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
Work to make room for this new land at Disneyland Park in California will require the Rivers of America and the Disneyland Railroad to close temporarily. The following will suspend operations at the end of the operating day on Jan. 10, 2016:
- The Disneyland Railroad, including all stations
- Attractions along the Rivers of America, including:
- Mark Twain Riverboat and Sailing Ship Columbia
- Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
- Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes
Elsewhere in Frontierland, Big Thunder Ranch – including Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue, Big Thunder Ranch Petting Farm and Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree – will close permanently at the end of the operating day on Jan. 10, 2016.
Stay tuned for more details on Season of the Force!
– Cody Woodbrey
At the D23 Expo 2015, Disney has announced an all new line-up of attractions and entertainment will be coming to both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – Later this year, Star Tours will include a new adventure featuring locations and characters from the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, giving guests a new adventure in the Star Wars galaxy. This will be in addition to the already 50 different sequences guests experience now.
- Star Wars Launch Bay – This interactive experience will take guests into the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, with special exhibits and peeks behind-the-scenes, including opportunities to visit with new and favorite Star Wars characters, special merchandise and food offerings. Star Wars Launch Bay will be located in the Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park.
- Jedi Training Academy – A favorite of younger fans is reimagined with a new experience that includes new characters and a new villain to battle from the popular Disney X D series “Star Wars Rebels.”
- Season of the Force – This new seasonal event, beginning early 2016, brings new experiences to both coasts. In Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park, you can explore the Star Wars galaxy with special entertainment throughout the land, themed food locations and more. Guests also will be thrilled to climb aboard Hyperspace Mountain, a reimagining of the classic Space Mountain attraction, in which guests will join an X-wing Starfighter battle. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Guests will close out weekend nights with a new fireworks spectacular set to the iconic score of the Star Wars movies.
– Cody Woodbrey