New Happenings at Walt Disney World Resort Summer 2016
New Happenings at Walt Disney World This Summer
This summer is going to be filled with all new attractions and entertainment at Walt Disney World Resort. Each park will have something new to offer to their guests. The excitement doesn’t stop there but continues at Disney Springs and Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park. Several new shops, restaurants and entertainment will be opening throughout the summer at Disney’s Springs. Lastly, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park will have guest participating in all new Frozen Games with some of the characters from Frozen.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic Show – For the summer, Discovery River becomes the stage for music and pageantry in a limited-engagement show inspired by Disney’s hit live-action film The Jungle Book. The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic is a live show filled with music and special effects that celebrates the new film and the classic songs, now infused with an Indian influence.
- Tree of Life Awakenings – The Tree of Life swirls with dramatic color throughout the evening as artistic projections tell stories of love, adventure, humor and culture.
- Discovery Island Carnivale – When this nighttime dance party hits the streets, you’ll get to revel in the splendor of all living things alongside stilt walkers, musicians and more.
- Harambe Wildlife Parti – You’ll be able to join singers, dancers, acrobats and musicians for a wild and wonderful street festival that kicks off when the sun sets.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars Launch Bay – It’s the place to go for popular character encounters and more. The Launch Bay currently has guests meeting Chewbacca and Kylo Ren but soon Boba Fett too will be joining them.
- Star Tours– The Adventures Continue – On this thrilling attraction, you’ll travel to Jakku, an all-new destination from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple – Bring your Younglings to hone their Lightsaber skills in preparation to face the dark side.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular – Look to the skies for this nightly fireworks finale bursting with Star War music and magic. Disney’s Hollywood Studios is taking this firework show to the next level starting in June.
- Frozen Ever After – This boating adventure through Arendelle features favorite Frozen characters, songs and a visit to Elsa’s Ice Palace in the cool blue world of the North Mountain.
- Royal Sommerhus – You’ll have a royally good time as you meet Anna and Elsa in a charming Norwegian culture.
Magic Kingdom Park
- Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire – Music and magic arrive at the castle stage for a new show featuring Mickey Mouse and pals, along with characters from The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, and Frozen.
- Town Center – This new Disney Springs neighborhood will feature unique flagship stores, incredible boutiques, restaurants and much more.
New Star Wars Experiences Arrive at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
The Force is strong at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an addition of all new Star Wars-inspired entertainment and shopping experiences.
Star Wars Launch Bay
At the all new Star Wars Launch Bay, guests can interact with some of their favorite Star Wars characters by choosing to encounter the Dark Side in a Star Destroyer themed area, or visit with the brave Rebels in a makeshift Rebel Base. One path leads to Darth Vader, while the other leads to Chewbacca.
The Launch Bay also includes two different exhibits – Celebration Gallery and Celebration Hallway to view iconic ships from the Rebel Alliance and Imperial Navy fleet, as well as replica Star Wars props and murals. Guests excited for the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens can head to Preview Gallery to explore an area filled with costumes, artwork, models and more from the new film. And of course, guests will be able to shop at the Launch Bay Cargo, where they can shop a variety of Star Wars merchandise, including original artwork.
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
This well know attraction has been enhanced to feature new characters and adventures from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Including minor additions to older adventures so be sure to keep an eye out for those extra touches.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
The popular Jedi Training is back and ready for guests to experience something a little different and new. In this experience, Younglings join with the rebel alliance as young Padawans and learn how to become a Jedi at the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. This popular offering also has been enhanced to feature new characters, including a new villain – the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from Star Wars.
Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
For those who may not be up-to-date on the Star Wars film franchise, will have the opportunity to do so at the Star Wars: Path of the Jedi. Here, guests can view an abridged cinematic reel that reviews Star Wars episodes I-VII.
All New Star Wars-inspired food items have been added to menus throughout the park. These menu items will include foods such as Blue Milk Panna Cotta, Padawan Limeade, BB-8 Lemon and Butter Cream Cupcakes, and much more.
“Symphony In The Stars: A Galactic Spectacular”
Blasting off on December 18, 2015 an all new nightly firework show, “Symphony In The Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” will be added to the line up of great entertainment.
Starting January the 6th, guest will be able watch the fireworks from a reserved viewing area during a special dessert party – “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party.” There will be Star Wars-themed desserts and drinks. Guest will also receive a souvenir stein featuring one of the most beloved Star Wars characters, Chewbacca.
– Cody Woodbrey