In 2018, the epic day at sea returns to Disney Cruise Line with 15 special Disney Fantasy sailings to the Caribbean from January through April. Star Wars Day at Sea transports guests to a galaxy far, far away to celebrate the legendary adventures and iconic characters from the Star Wars saga with Jedi, Wookiees, droids, Stormtroopers and others during the special day-long celebration.
Throughout the day, guest can enjoy immersive entertainment and activities that are all a part of the galactic adventure – including interactions with Star Wars Characters, Star Wars-themed family and youth activities, at-sea screenings of Star Wars films, unique food and beverage offerings, special merchandise and the “Summon the Force” deck party with a stunning fireworks finale.
Star Wars Day at Sea will be on 15 Disney Fantasy seven-night Caribbean cruises sailing from Port Canaveral, Florida.
Departing Jan. 6, 20; Feb. 3, 17; March 3, 17, 31; April 14, 2018, the Western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; Grand Cayman and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. Departing Jan. 13, 27; Feb. 10, 24; March 10, 24; and April 7, 2018, the Eastern Caribbean itinerary includes Tortola, St. Thomas and Disney Castaway Cay.
Please contact us for more information or to book one of these out of the world Disney Cruises.
Woodbrey Family Travel
New in 2017, the Disney Fantasy special sailings expand to both eastern and western Caribbean itineraries and nearly double in number to 15 cruises. During this day-long celebration, Star Wars Day at Sea combines the power of the Force and the magic of Disney for an out-of-this-galaxy cruise experience unlike any other.
Each sailing features a full day of dark side and light side fun, including official appearances of Star Wars characters, a deck party and fireworks, Star Wars-themed family and youth activities, at-sea screenings of Star Wars films, unique food and beverage offerings, and special merchandise.
Throughout the day, Star Wars Younglings, Padawans and Jedi Masters alike can enjoy the immersive and intergalactic entertainment, including a deck party and fireworks display, exclusive event merchandise, and specialty Star Wars-themed food and beverage items.
Characters from across the Star Wars galaxy will also be onboard for interactions, photos and also may be seen patrolling the decks. And, in “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children learn the ways of the Jedi and use their new-found skill in a final face off with Darth Vader.
Star Wars Day at Sea will be on Disney Fantasy seven-night cruises sailing from Port Canaveral on Jan. 7, 14, 21, 28; Feb. 4, 11, 18, 25; March 4, 11, 18, 25; April 1, 8 and 15, 2017.
Departing Jan. 7, 21; Feb. 4, 18; March 4, 18; April 1 and 15, 2017, the western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; Grand Cayman and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. Departing Jan. 14, 28; Feb. 11, 25; March 11, 25; and April 8, 2017, the eastern Caribbean itinerary includes Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay.
There will be 8 Select Disney sailings in 2016 on the Disney Fantasy that will have the Star Wars Day at Sea! These sailings will be a seven-night Western Caribbean cruise departing from Port Canaveral. Ports of call for these sailings are Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. The Star Wars Day at Sea is scheduled for the day after porting at Grand Cayman.
Talk about an out-of-this-world experience!! Happening one day during each of the eight sailings, guests will have a galactic experience that has never happened before on a Disney Cruise. Guests will get the opportunity to meet their favorite characters from the films, participate in galactic deck parties, watch fireworks, meet some of the actors from the films, and so much more. This is a cruise you don’t want to miss! Below is the outline of the Star Wars Day at Sea as given by Disney Cruise Line.
Star Wars Day at Sea event includes the following:
Force-filled Fun for Everyone
- Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers and other characters from across the Star Wars galaxy will be onboard for scheduled meet and greets, as well as roaming on deck and elsewhere around the ship. You’re also are encouraged to dress up in your own stellar costumes!
- A shipboard version of the popular Jedi Training Academy experience invites young Jedi hopefuls — known as “Padawans” — to learn lightsaber moves from a Jedi Master. They can then use the Force and face off in a final test against the evil Darth Vader.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, covering fun facts from the film and television sagas.
- For Younglings, Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities will be offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
- In the evening, adults entering the night club will feel like they stepped into the Mos Eisley cantina scene. Characters and cantina music set the mood as Star Wars-themed specialty cocktails are served.
Film Screenings and Celebrities
- You can watch the first six Star Wars films and follow Darth Vader, Obi Wan Kenobi, Luke and Leia along their epic journey.
- Also showing will be episodes of the new Disney X D animated series, Star Wars Rebels.
- On each of the special sailings, celebrities and insiders from the Star Wars galaxy will share their experiences, meet fans and sign autographs.
Star Wars Deck Party and Fireworks
- There’s intergalactic fun when the Star Wars deck party blasts off to an exciting evening filled with music, dancing and games.
- Star Wars characters converge on the deck stage for a celebration of the Star Wars saga in a show featuring special effects and Guest participation.
- The deck party culminates in a spectacular display of themed pyrotechnics, lighting, sound effects, lasers and Star Wars music.
Star Wars Day at Sea is available on these select sailings :
- January 9
- January 23
- February 6
- February 20
- March 5
- March 19
- April 2
- April 16
Contact me for more information or to book your Disney Cruise and May The Force Be With You!
– Cody Woodbrey