Encounter the Guardians of the Galaxy Starting May 27 During Summer of Heroes at Disney California Adventure Park
Last weekend, “Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2” blasted its way to the top of the box office charts, and now the cosmic heroes are getting ready to land at Disney California Adventure® Park at Disneyland® Resort. The action kicks off in a big way May 27, 2017 with the opening of the all-new Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! and the launch of Summer of Heroes which includes Super Hero fun for everyone!
During “Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off!” Star-Lord and Gamora return to the Collector’s Fortress to retrieve a special artifact … Star-Lord’s precious boom box. Looking to avoid discovery, they ignite a lively party vibe, enlisting everyone gathered around to help out and show off favorite dance moves in a rockin’ Dance Off.
And for the first time, you can encounter the one-and-only Groot. He arrives on the scene just as the Dance Off is wrapping up, but is happy to stay for a while and visit with everyone as Star-Lord and Gamora make their escape.
Summer of Heroes also brings more excitement across Hollywood Land, including the Avengers Training Initiative featuring Black Widow and Hawkeye and heroic encounters with Black Widow, Captain America and your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. This summer is going to be epic!
Woodbrey Family Travel
Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! opens May 27 with Summer of Heroes and more at Disney California Adventure Park
Disney California Adventure® Park at Disneyland® Resort will soon be the destination for adventure, intrigue and triumph as recruits from around the world join forces with legendary Super Heroes in an ever-expanding universe of stories that will grow even bigger over time. This summer, Disney is kicking off the action with the May 27 grand opening of the thrilling, rocking attraction, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
This new adventure blasts guests straight into the “Guardians of the Galaxy” story for the first time ever, alongside characters from the blockbuster films and comics. As guests help Rocket bust his pals out of the Collector’s Fortress, they’ll experience randomized ride experiences complete with all-new visual and audio effects and music inspired by the popular film soundtracks. Guests will never know which adventure they’ll get!
There will be even more ways to step into Super Hero stories with Summer of Heroes, May 27 through Sept.10, 2017. Guests can answer the call for this limited-time celebration as they join the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy for all-new epic experiences.
Summer of Heroes will launch these new, year-round experiences:
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! – Guests may run into the Guardians of the Galaxy on their way to the Milano, with Star-Lord firing up his old-school boom box to get the party started. Gamora may prefer to stand back and observe, but everyone else is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash!
- Super Hero Encounters – For the first time, citizens of Earth will come face-to-face with Groot, one of the Guardians of the Galaxy! Guests can also step up to meet the First Avenger, Captain America, along with everyone’s favorite web slinger, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
And for a limited time, guests can step up to the challenge with new adventures during Summer of Heroes:
- Avengers Training Initiative – Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow – Black Widow will arrive on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.
- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action – Special themed merchandise and food will be available throughout Hollywood Land.
The summer brings even more to get excited about over at Disneyland park as classic favorites return with the reopening of the Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America attractions, with the “Fantasmic!” nighttime spectacular returning later in the summer.
Let your Super Hero out!
Woodbrey Family Travel
Pandora – The World of Avatar Opens May 27, Star Wars-Themed Lands Set to Open in 2019 and more!
Today Disney is excited to share that Pandora – The World of Avatar will open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Park at Walt Disney World® Resort on May 27, 2017.
This new land will transport guests to the visually stunning world of Pandora. Here, they will wonder at floating mountains and bioluminescent plants, and can join the Na’vi on two excursions that take adventure to the next level.
First, the family friendly Na’vi River Journey will send guests through a bioluminescent rainforest. Their journey will end in an unforgettable encounter with a Na’vi Shaman, a figure who has a deep connection to the life force of Pandora. And second, Avatar Flight of Passage will offer guests the jaw-dropping experience of exploring the world of Pandora atop a Banshee.
Guests will also be able to dine at Satu’li Canteen, grab a drink at Pongu Pongu or shop for Na’vi cultural items, toys, science kits, and more at Windtraders.
Also, Disney is excited to announce that their new Star Wars-themed lands at Disneyland® Park in California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios® in Florida will be opening in 2019!
The Star Wars-themed lands are the largest-ever, single-themed land expansions at Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts. At each location, guests will be transported to a never-before-seen planet – a remote trading port and one of the last stops before wild space – where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life. Here’s a glimpse at one of the signature attractions which lets guests take the controls of the Millennium Falcon!
Woodbrey Family Travel
Mystical Spirits of the Blue Bayou – New Premium Dining Experience During Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Park
During this fall’s Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Resort, you will be able to take part in a new premium dining experience – Mystical Spirits of the Blue Bayou.
The evening begins with an intimate, spooky dinner featuring a themed three-course menu. During dinner, Dr. Facilier, from the Disney animated film “The Princess and the Frog,” will conjure his friends from the other side, bringing them to life in Blue Bayou Restaurant for a wickedly good time.
After dinner, you will receive a limited-edition custom lithograph featuring art from a Disney Animator. Finally, the Shadow Man bids his guests adieu as they are escorted to a special viewing area for the “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular
Mystical Spirits of the Blue Bayou will run from 7-9:45 p.m. during Mickey’s Halloween Party nights Sept. 25-Oct. 31, 2015. The cost is $150 per person for adults and children (ages 3-9). Tax and gratuity are included. Admission to Mickey’s Halloween Party is not included and must be purchased separately
Click here for more information on Mickey’s Halloween Party at the Disneyland Park.
– Cody Woodbrey
Top 15 Reasons for Staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel
Throughout the years, I have been lucky enough to stay in all three Disneyland Resort Hotels. If you are looking for that extra special something on your next Disneyland vacation, this is it! Below you will find a list of the many benefits of staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel. Trust me when I say, Disneyland can get more magical than it already is, and staying at one of these hotels can make a big difference!
1. Guests have quick and easy access to the Disneyland parks and Downtown Disney – they are literally steps away!
2. Disneyland Resorts are the top rated hotels in the Anaheim area – All Disney Resorts are AAA Diamond rated.
3. Resort rooms are much nicer and more spacious than the surrounding hotels.
4. You can request a wake up call from your favorite Disney characters.
5. Step into the storytelling and magic of Disney everywhere you go – Disney touches are in your rooms, the lobby, pool area, restaurants, even in the carpet and wall paper! You will be completely immersed in the magic!
6. Get Disney’s legendary quality services and help 24 hours a day – If something goes wrong or you have questions, a Disney cast member will be right there to help. Disney has very high standards when hiring their cast members. They are polite and always willing to help. They will go the extra mile!
7. Each day guests have the opportunity to take advantage of the Early Morning Extra Hour into the parks. So, with a five day park ticket guests will be able to enter into the parks an hour before the parks open to the general public for five days. This is particularly nice for Disney’s California Adventure Park. As you may know, Radiator Springs Racers attraction is extremely popular and the line is always long. Having the extra hour in the morning not only saves you time, but within the first hour you can ride this attraction several times. We usually ride it three times during this hour. The same can be true for any of your favorite attractions at either park.
8. Resort pools are larger and are nicer than the surrounding area hotels, plus, each resort includes fun slides.
9. Each of the Disney Resorts have several activities that take place every day that the whole family can enjoy including: arts and crafts, special showings of Disney films, pool parties, computer games, and dinner at the fun-filled child activity center. You don’t get anything like this at the other hotels.
10. Use your “Key to the Magic” card (room key) to charge meals and merchandise purchases right to your room.
11. Have merchandise delivered right to your hotel with Package Express Services at no extra charge.
12. If you’re staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa you have a private entrance into Disney’s California Adventure. In the afternoon, only Disney Resort guests can use this entrance.
13. When staying at one of the Disney hotels you can enjoy many of the amenities from all three hotels including the Mandara Spa at the Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
14. Guests have access to special tours available exclusively to Disney Resort guests (Experiences change pretty regularly. Ask the front desk when you arrive what they are during your stay).
15. Music from the fireworks and/or World of Color can be listened to in each guest room. If your room is facing the parks, you can watch the shows from your hotel.
If you are planning a trip to Disneyland, please contact me for more information and deals.
– Cody Woodbrey