Mystical Spirits of the Blue Bayou – New Premium Dining Experience During Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Park
During this fall’s Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Resort, you will be able to take part in a new premium dining experience – Mystical Spirits of the Blue Bayou.
The evening begins with an intimate, spooky dinner featuring a themed three-course menu. During dinner, Dr. Facilier, from the Disney animated film “The Princess and the Frog,” will conjure his friends from the other side, bringing them to life in Blue Bayou Restaurant for a wickedly good time.
After dinner, you will receive a limited-edition custom lithograph featuring art from a Disney Animator. Finally, the Shadow Man bids his guests adieu as they are escorted to a special viewing area for the “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular
Mystical Spirits of the Blue Bayou will run from 7-9:45 p.m. during Mickey’s Halloween Party nights Sept. 25-Oct. 31, 2015. The cost is $150 per person for adults and children (ages 3-9). Tax and gratuity are included. Admission to Mickey’s Halloween Party is not included and must be purchased separately
Click here for more information on Mickey’s Halloween Party at the Disneyland Park.
– Cody Woodbrey
Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort Opens for Brunch
Brunch Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort is now a daily offering.
The Chef Mickey’s restaurant has been one of the more popular Walt Disney World Resort restaurant and now guests can experience even more. This spot has been one of the top places for guest to meet some of their favorite Disney Character, such as Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Chip and Dale and a few others.
The brunch menu expands some of the breakfast favorites along with soup, salads and hot dishes, including barbecued ribs, seafood étouffée and baked salmon. Plus, the famous Mickey waffles are also on the brunch menu. The ice cream bar and bakery items will also be a part of this expansive buffet.
Hours for brunch are 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Brunch at Chef Mickey’s is included on the Disney Dining Plan as one table-service entitlement.
– Cody Woodbrey
Photo and content provided by Disney
“Eat to the Beat” Concert Series Lineup Announced for 2015 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Four new “Eat to the Beat” concert acts debut and several fan favorites return to America Gardens Theater during the 20th Annual Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival Sept. 25-Nov. 16, 2015.
Scheduled to perform are:
- David Cook – Sept. 25-27, 2015
- Wilson Phillips – Sept. 28-29, 2015
- Christopher Cross – Sept. 30-Oct. 1, 2015
- Starship – Oct. 2-4, 2015
- Smash Mouth – Oct. 5-7, 2015
- The Pointer Sisters – Oct.8-9, 2015
- 38 Special – Oct. 10-11, 2015
- Rick Springfield – Oct. 12-13, 2015
- Sugar Ray – Oct.14-16, 2015
- The S.O.S. Band – Oct. 17-18, 2015
- Air Supply – Oct.19-21, 2015
- Fuel – Oct. 22-23, 2015
- Tiffany (NEW!) – Oct. 24-25, 2015
- Dennis DeYoung – Oct. 26-28, 2015
- Jo Dee Messina – Oct. 29-30, 2015
- Everclear (NEW!) – Oct. 31-Nov. 1, 2015
- Boyz II Men – Nov. 2-4, 2015
- Sister Hazel – Nov. 5-6, 2015
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy – Nov. 7-9, 2015
- Hanson – Nov. 10-12, 2015
- Maxi Priest (NEW!) – Nov. 13-14, 2015
- Chaka Khan (NEW!) – Nov. 15-16, 2015
Please note: Daily show times take place at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8 p.m. Entertainment and appearances are subject to change without notice.
– Cody Woodbrey
Photo & content provided by Disney Destinations
Harambe Market Now Open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Harambe Market, a bustling marketplace alive with the aromas and flavors of African street foods, adds an exciting new dimension to the expanded Harambe Village experience at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park in Walt Disney World® Resort.
Built around a Colonial-era train depot design complete with a 1960s water tower, Harambe Market invites you to sample true flavors of Africa before or after you embark on Kilimanjaro Safaris®. The following four themed shops offer fresh meals, snacks and beverages like those found in an African street market:
- Kitamu Grill featuring skewered chicken and kebab flatbread sandwich.
- Famous Sausages showcasing a corndog made with a South African boerewors sausage dipped in curry-infused corn batter.
- Chef Mwanga’s spice-rubbed Karubi Rib paired with green papaya-carrot slaw.
- Wanjohi Refreshments quenches thirsts with craft draft beers, South African wines by the glass, sangria, frozen drinks, non-alcoholic tangerine lemonade and fountain beverages.
Harmabe Market offers shaded tables for dining, and area shops sell wares from Africa. And from the marketplace, you can enjoy direct access to Kilimanjaro Safaris, the Wildlife Express train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch and a path to Asia attractions, including Expedition Everest®.
– Cody Woodbrey
Top 15 Snacks and Desserts at Walt Disney World
There are a lot of different types of snacks and desserts found at the Walt Disney World Resort properties. Here is a list of the top 15 choices from my guests’ favorite snacks and desserts while they visit Walt Disney World… Try not to get too hungry reading blog!
1. Dole Whip Ice Cream or Dole Whip Float – Location: Aloha Isle In Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom and at Capt. Cook’s in Disney’s Polynesian Resort
2. Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar – Location: In all parks
3. Funnel Cake – Location: Sleepy Hollow at the Magic Kingdom and at the Funnel Cake stand near the American Pavilion in Epcot
4. Churro – Location: Mexico Pavilion in Epcot
5. Frozen Lemonade – Location: In all parks
6. Carrot Cake Cookie – Location: Writer’s Shop in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
7. Mickey Mouse Shaped Pretzels- Location: In all parks
8. Fish & Chips (Fries) – Location: Rose and Crown Rub in Epcot
9. Turkey Leg – Location: Toluca Legs Turkey Co. in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
10. Popcorn & Pickles – Location: In all parks
11. Strawberry Tart- Location: Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisseries in Epcot
12. Ghirardelli Hot Fudge Sundae – Location: Ghirardelli Soda fountain shop at Downtown Disney
13. The Grey Stuff – Location: Be Our Guest Restaurant at Magic Kingdom
14. LeFou’s Brew- Location: Gastons’s Tavern at the Magic Kingdom
15. The Kitchen Sink (The Biggest Ice Cream Sundae You Can Imagine)- Location: Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort (Along the Boardwalk)
Again, there are a lot of great snacks even beyond these 15 choices. Feel free to comment and share some of your favorite desserts below.
– Cody Woodbrey