Often when people ask what we do and we say, “We own a travel agency,” it is not uncommon for the next words out of their mouth to be, “Do people still use travel agents?” The answer is, “Yes! Or at least the people who want to save time, money, hassle & have a great experience do.” The truth is, travel is more accessible, and therefore more complicated, than ever. Travel agents are your own personalized search engine who can give you the best & most relevant information to make your dream vacation a reality. Still not convinced to allow someone else to shoulder the stress of planning your vacation? Read on! Here are our top five reasons you should use a travel agent.
There is no substitute for a human with experience.
Imagine traveling to a new place. You’re not familiar with the culture, the food, or how transportation works. Or maybe you’re been to that place, but it’s been a few years and you’re not sure what changes you’ll have to navigate. Wouldn’t it be nice to talk to someone who has “been there & done that?” That is what your travel agent is for!
In order to sell products, agents often have to go through significant training & most often, they also have the personal experience of traveling to those locations to back that training up. For example, at Woodbrey Family Travel, we specialize in planning Disney vacations (though we can and do book ANYTHING). But did you know that five out of six of our agents are either former or current Disney cast members? We have lived near & worked in the parks & you better believe we all make multiple trips each year. We make it our mission to stay up-to-date on what is happening so we can give you the BEST information possible.
Unlike the internet, travel agents care about the type of experience you have and are invested in your vacation. We WANT you to feel confident in your choices & to reduce the chance of unwanted surprises. We become your ONE point of contact & are happy to take care of any requests or adjustments you need to make. We will help you work through what you actually want & need while accurately rating hotels & experiences. We will give you the facts & information that is relevant. In a world where time is short & stress is high, let a travel agent save you both!
Our Services are FREE!
At this point maybe you’re thinking, “Okay, I can see the value of using an actual human. But what is that expertise going to cost me?” When you use Woodbrey Family Travel, the answer is NOTHING. No really, there’s no catch. The answer is NOTHING. So how and why?
The answer is simple. Our partners (Disney, Universal, Expedia, all major cruise lines, etc.) take care of us, so we can take care of you. It is a well-established fact within the travel industry that customers have a better experience when they work with a travel agent & they are more likely to return because they have a positive experience. Our partners believe in this so much, they are willing to cut into their own profits to pay us at no extra cost to you. Because they are willing to do that, we accept that as sufficient payment & do not charge you for our services. If you get all the benefits of working with an actual human & it doesn’t cost you anything, what are you waiting for?
We aren’t just trained, we’re “Authorized” too!
As previously mentioned, in order to sell various products, agents often go through training designed by our partners to help us become familiar with what they offer (plus, we travel A LOT). Once we complete these trainings, we are then “authorized” to sell the product on behalf of that organization (i.e. Disney, Universal, all major cruise lines, etc.).
However, sometimes an organization has even higher and more elite credentials. For example, the IATA & CLIA programs are industry certifications that have to be earned by an agency & renewed every year. Woodbrey Family Travel has its CLIA certification & we will continue to stay up-to-date on industry requirements to keep that credential.
Additionally, Disney also has a higher tier of agencies that only a few earn. Almost any travel agent can sell the product, but only a select few agencies are known as being “Earmarked” with Disney. Woodbrey Family Travel is one of those agencies and we are proud to be able to say we are officially “Authorized Disney Vacation Planners.” Why does that matter to you? If one of the world’s most successful & admired companies designates another company to represent them to their guests, it’s for a reason. Where Disney doesn’t have the ability to remember you as an individual, we do! Where they will not provide you with a personalized itinerary to navigate the parks, we will! We have the time to pay attention to you & we’re good enough at it, Disney has given us their stamp of approval.
From a monetary standpoint as well, the organizations we are partnered with send us daily updates on their products & promotions so we can get you the best deals out there. If you book through us & later on a promotion that is relevant to you comes up, we will know about it & can make the necessary changes to your reservation to save you money! When you book online, it is very rare that you’ll be made aware of new promotions & will be able to change it. Most of the time, whatever you pay, sticks. With a travel agent, you can be confident we will do our best to take care of you.
Avoid Costly Scams
Have you received a questionable email or text lately? Maybe a strange pop-up opened when you went to a certain website. In this day and age, sometimes it seems like there are more scams out there than legitimate enterprises. Unfortunately, the travel industry is not immune. In an effort to save a few bucks, many travelers will try to find the cheapest options out there. They will scour the internet looking for any sort of deal, and often, they don’t do adequate research on the companies they are using. We have seen situations where sometimes the organizations offering tickets or hotels for super cheap will take your money & not deliver the products, or maybe you show up to the hotel & instead of the four-star resort with the spectacular pictures you saw on their site, it’s a two-star motel and now you’re stuck. Even the legitimate sites that offer “discounts” often don’t give you the full price upfront.
For example, I had a guest who was buying Disney World tickets for her family. She said my price (which came directly from Disney) was $500 more than what she could get online with a third-party seller. I cautioned her to make sure the tickets were the right type (child vs. adult tickets) and that taxes were included. Turns out, even though she has four “kids,” some of them were over the age of 10, and are thus, considered “adults” when it comes to park tickets. The third-party website was trying to sell her child tickets instead of the necessary adult tickets and sure enough, the taxes were not included. Can you imagine the hassle she would have experienced if she got to the parks & at the gate they said, “I’m sorry, this is a child ticket and your teenager is obviously not a child?” Because she bought through a third-party “discount” seller, now she’s out the money for the ticket she bought from them, plus the price of a new appropriate adult ticket at the gate.
There are MANY third-party sellers out there who will buy tickets/hotel rooms in bulk & sell them for “cheaper” than what you can get through the company or their authorized travel agents directly. BEWARE of these providers. The best deal you will find will be through the organization you’re visiting directly. You can feel confident when you use an authorized travel agent that you will get what you pay for with no hidden fees or questionable products. How much is peace of mind worth? Remember cost & value are NOT the same thing. I can guarantee the value you receive from a travel agent will be greater than the few dollars you save buying through questionable websites.
You will be supporting a small business.
In a world where the “little guy” often gets lost in the shuffle, it’s more important than ever to frequent small businesses. When you use a travel agent, you not only get the vacation of your dreams with less stress, you are also supporting the livelihood of individuals you personally know. We work hard for no guarantee of your business, we will find the right answers to your questions, and we add value that can’t be quantified. We will appreciate your business in a way a faceless search engine cannot & we would love the opportunity to prove it to you! Please think small & use a travel agent the next time you’re booking a trip!
Well, there you have it! Our top five reasons to use a travel agent. We hope you can see the value we provide & will seriously consider using us for your next vacation. To request a quote with Woodbrey Family Travel, visit our website: http://woodbreyfamilytravel.com/getaquote.php. We look forward to working with you!
The longer you stay, the more you save when you take advantage of this special offer—valid for stays most nights August 1 through November 22 and November 28 through December 21, 2020, with check-out on December 22, 2020.
- Save 35% on select rooms for stays of 5 or more consecutive nights
- Save 30% on select rooms for stays of 4 consecutive nights
- Save 25% on select rooms for stays of 3 consecutive nights
Book through October 24, 2020.
No matter how long you stay, you’ll enjoy a magical vacation that includes something for everyone: stunning pools, exhilarating water slides, a relaxing lazy river, an idyllic beach—and so much more!
This offer excludes suites and 3-Bedroom Grand Villas.
- Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room and the same travel dates. Book from June 16, 2020 through October 24, 2020. Travel must be completed by December 22, 2020.
- Not valid on suites and 3-Bedroom Grand Villas, or on previously booked rooms.
- Advance reservations required.
- Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
- Excludes applicable fees and taxes.
- Limit two (2) rooms per reservation and occupancy restrictions apply per room.
- Additional charges apply if more than two (2) adults per hotel room; not applicable for Suites or Villas.
- Not valid in combination with any other hotel discounts or offers.
- Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
- Select activities require additional fees.
Contact us for more information and to book your next Aulani Adventure!
Woodbrey Family Travel
Creating Dream Vacations
In early 2020, Disney Cruise Line will offer families even more ways to explore the world together with the addition of a brand-new home port in New Orleans, Louisiana and a highly anticipated return to the Hawaiian Islands. Disney Cruise Line will also return to Puerto Rico for a limited time and continue guest-favorite itineraries to tropical destinations from Florida and California.
First-time Home Port in New Orleans
In 2020, the Disney Wonder will embark on a variety of Caribbean and Bahamian cruises from New Orleans – the first time Disney Cruise Line will have a home port in Louisiana. Not only will this provide families from the region with the magic of having a Disney ship in their own backyard, but it will also draw families from farther away to discover this incredible city before they set sail.
Before or after their Disney cruise, Guests can venture into the city to savor the distinct flavors of famous New Orleans cuisine, visit family-friendly museums and parks, and revel in the sweet melodies of world-renowned jazz music. Travelers will delight in the Southern charm of this new home port, and Disney fans will find magic around every corner as they experience the iconic sights and sounds that inspired the beloved animated film “The Princess and the Frog.”
The Disney Wonder will embark on six cruises during this limited-time season from New Orleans, including four-, six- and seven-night Western Caribbean sailings; a seven-night Bahamian cruise; and a 14-night Panama Canal voyage, departing February 7 through March 6.
Long-Awaited Return to Hawaii
After a five-year hiatus, the Disney Wonder will return to Hawaii in early 2020 for two special cruises: a nine-night voyage to Honolulu from Vancouver, Canada, on April 29, and a 10-night sailing back to Vancouver on May 8.
During these dream vacations, guests will discover the breathtaking beauty of the Hawaiian Islands, including the famous beaches of Waikiki on Oahu; the views from high atop the summit of Haleakala Crater on Maui; the lush tropical gardens and waterfalls of Kauai; and the diverse natural wonders of Hawaii Island.
Popular Itineraries from Puerto Rico and California
The Disney Wonder continues its standout season with returns to popular home ports on both coasts. First, the ship sets sail for the Southern Caribbean during two seven-night voyages departing January 19 and 26 from San Juan, Puerto Rico, followed by a five-night Bahamian cruise. Then beginning on March 20, the ship embarks on seven sailings to Baja and the Mexican Riviera, ranging in length from two to seven nights, from San Diego, California.
Unforgettable Tropical Getaways from Florida
Disney Cruise Line will have three ships sailing to the Bahamas and Caribbean from Florida in early 2020, and every cruise includes a day of fun in the sun on Disney’s private Bahamian island reserved exclusively for Disney Cruise Line guests, Castaway Cay.
- From Miami, the Disney Magic will sail three-, four- and five-night Bahamian cruises and five-night Western Caribbean cruises.
- From Port Canaveral, the Disney Fantasy will sail seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, plus two special sailings at six- and eight-nights each.
- From Port Canaveral, the Disney Dream will sail three- and four-night Bahamian cruises to Nassau and Castaway Cay.
With a variety of options from Florida, Guests can choose the vacation that provides something for everyone in the family, combining the adventure and relaxation of tropical destinations, the ease and indulgence of an ocean cruise, and the world-class entertainment and service of a Disney vacation.
When To Book Early 2020 Itineraries
Platinum, Gold or Silver Castaway Club members, can take advantage of the opportunity to book early 2020 itineraries before they go on sale to the general public on October 4, 2018. Book either online or by phone during the designated booking window.
- October 1, 2018: Platinum Members
- October 2, 2018: Platinum and Gold Members
- October 3, 2018: Platinum, Gold and Silver Members
- October 4, 2018: all Guests
Please contact us, for more information or to book one of these amazing Disney Cruise vacations!
Woodbrey Family Travel
In fall 2018, Disney Cruise Line will sail on new itineraries and to new ports, including first-time visits to Bermuda and Quebec City, Canada—both with multiple days to experience these captivating destinations. In addition to the new itineraries from New York to Bermuda and Canada, three special sailings from New York will take Guests to Walt Disney World® Resort and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. Sailings from California, Texas and Florida round out the 2018 fall season.
New sailings to Bermuda from New York
For the first time, Disney Cruise Line Guests can sail to the beautiful island of Bermuda. Each of the five-night sailings includes two full days in Bermuda, while one special six-night sailing includes three days there.
An idyllic setting for outdoor enjoyment, Bermuda offers its famous pink sand beaches, lush forests and a range of water activities. Shopping and sightseeing are plentiful and, at only 21 square miles, the island is easy to navigate and explore. With its own distinctive blend of British and Caribbean culture, Bermuda boasts a rich history in sailing, a passion for cricket and a truly unique national attire—Bermuda shorts.
Disney Magic cruises to Bermuda from New York set sail in October 2018.
New cruises between New York and Quebec City, Canada
Quebec City, Canada, a new port for Disney Cruise Line, will be featured on two new itineraries sailing from New York. Both of these sailings include two full days in Quebec City as well as stops at other Canadian ports new to Disney Cruise Line—Saguenay and Baie-Comeau.
With towering fortresses, lavish castles, cobblestone streets and French-inspired cuisine, Quebec City offers a taste of European charm. Must-see sights include the historic and grand Chateau Frontenac hotel and the impressive Montmorency Falls, which measure 30 meters taller than Niagara Falls. Both Saguenay and Baie-Comeau offer natural beauty, picturesque ports and local cuisine featuring plentiful seafood, wild game and the indigenous and delectable cloudberries.
Two seven-night Disney Magic cruises between New York and Quebec City depart in September 2018.
More magic from New York on sailings to Walt Disney World and Castaway Cay
Fall 2018 Disney Magic sailings from New York also include three seven-night voyages to Walt Disney World. Each cruise includes a stop in Port Canaveral, Florida, located near the Walt Disney World Resort, and a day at Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
Adding to the magic on these special sailings, every Guest will receive a one-day Walt Disney World Park Hopper® ticket and round-trip transportation between the ship and the theme parks.
Back by Popular Demand: Cruises from New York, California and Florida
- In September and October 2018, the Disney Wonder will sail from San Diego, California, to Baja and the Mexican Riviera. Baja sailings visit Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada, Mexico, both famous for stunning beaches and exciting water activities. Mexican Riviera itineraries feature the snorkeling and scuba diving hot spots Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlán and Cabo San Lucas.
- In November and December 2018, the Disney Wonder returns to Galveston, Texas, with a variety of Caribbean and Bahamian itineraries. All cruises to the Bahamas include a stop at Disney Castaway Cay.
- In December 2018, the Disney Magic will return to Miami with voyages to the Western Caribbean and Bahamas, including stops at Key West and Disney Castaway Cay.
- During late 2018, the Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream will continue to sail a variety of Caribbean and Bahamian cruises from Port Canaveral, Florida, with every sailing including a day at Disney Castaway Cay.
When Can You Book Fall 2018 Itineraries?
- Monday, May 15, 2017 – phone reservations open for Platinum Castaway Club members.
- Tuesday, May 16, 2017 – phone reservations open for Gold Castaway Club members.
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017 – phone reservations open for Silver Castaway Club members.
- Thursday, May 18, 2017 – phone and online reservations open for all Guests.
Contact us for more information or to book one of these amazing cruises!
Woodbrey Family Travel
In summer 2018, Disney Cruise Line will sail on new itineraries and to new ports, including first-time visits to destinations in Italy and Ireland. Disney Cruise Line takes Guests on a grand tour of Europe with visits to the Mediterranean, northern Europe, Norway and Iceland. Plus, adventures continue with sailings to Alaska, the Caribbean and the Bahamas.
New sailings from Rome and Barcelona
For the first time, Disney Cruise Line Guests can experience more of the rich culture of Barcelona and inspiring history of Rome in a single cruise. In Rome, Guests can explore the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain and the Vatican, and sample authentic local cuisine. Barcelona offers beautiful beaches, the market streets of La Rambla, the artistic architecture of Gaudi and the famed Sagrada Família church.
On June 16, 2018, the Disney Magic will sail a seven-night cruise from Barcelona to Civitavecchia (Rome). Ports of call include Marseilles and Villefranche, France; and Genoa (Milan), Livorno (Florence, Pisa) and Naples, Italy.
On June 23, 2018, the Disney Magic will sail a seven-night itinerary from Civitavecchia (Rome) to Barcelona. Ports visited on this cruise are Naples, Livorno (Florence, Pisa) and Genoa (Milan), Italy; and Cannes and Marseilles, France.
First-time visits to Milan, Italy
Disney Cruise Line will call on Genoa, Italy for the first time in 2018, as part of three special sailings from Barcelona and Civitavecchia (Rome). The historic port town of Genoa, located on the Italian Riviera, is a gateway to the beautiful metropolis of Milan and the picturesque locale of Portofino. Milan is a global capital of fashion and design, featuring top-name designer stores, boutiques, open-air markets and art galleries.
A 10-night Mediterranean itinerary sailing from Barcelona on July 7, 2018, calls on Genoa, as well as other popular ports in Italy, France and Spain.
First-time visit to Cork, Ireland and first seven-night British Isles
The Disney Magic will call on Cork, Ireland for the first time as part of a first-ever seven-night British Isles cruise, departing on September 2, 2018. Additional ports visited on this sailing include Dublin, Ireland; Greenock, Scotland; and Liverpool, England. Cork is home to a vibrant culinary scene and a plethora of pubs, shops and cafes. It invites visitors to connect with Ireland’s ancient past, with historic sites like Blarney Castle, where visitors can kiss the famed Blarney Stone.
Throughout the summer, the Disney Magic will continue to tour Europe with engagements in the Baltic, Norwegian fjords, British Isles and the Mediterranean.
Return to Alaska
In 2018, the newly re-imagined Disney Wonder will return to Alaska for the summer season, opening up a world of breathtaking natural vistas, magnificent glaciers and awe-inspiring wildlife. A variety of five-, seven- and nine-night itineraries will depart from Vancouver, Canada, with stops in Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point and Tracy Arm Fjord.
Southern Caribbean Special Sailing
In 2018, the Disney Fantasy will embark on a special 11-night southern Caribbean itinerary departing June 30, visiting tropical destinations renowned for beautiful sun-kissed beaches, including Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, St. Kitts, Puerto Rico and the Disney private island, Castaway Cay.
Castaway Cay – More Opportunities to Explore Disney’s Exclusive Private Island
Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, is consistently a top-rated destination. In 2018, the Disney Dream will sail a series of cruises that include two stops at Castaway Cay so Guests can have twice the fun in the sun and enjoy even more of the pristine island paradise.
Bookings open for Platinum and Gold Castaway Club Guests on February 22, 2017 and to all Guests on February 23, 2017.
Woodbrey Family Travel
An all-new character dining experience will debut this spring at Disney’s BoardWalk, with appearances by adventurous royal couples from beloved Disney films! A delicious breakfast awaits you at Trattoria al Forno, as you get ready to set out for a day of endless magic at Walt Disney World® Resort. It’s a hearty “bon voyage” celebration, featuring popular characters from favorite Disney stories like “Tangled” or “The Little Mermaid.”
This unique, new character breakfast is slated to begin in late spring.
Woodbrey Family Travel
Today is Cody’s birthday, which means it’s time to celebrate! In honor of his real birthday and your Very Merry Unbirthday, Woodbrey Family travel will be giving away $500 towards a future Disney trip! There will also be two runners-up who will win Disney Gift Packages with Disney merchandise. The celebration ends on February 29, 2016. Click here to entered to win the giveaway. Gain an extra entry by donating to the Kellsie’s Hope Foundation, click here to donate.
Here is How to Win
To be eligible for the GRAND PRIZE $500 credit towards a future Disney vacation package, please follow these steps:
The grand prize winner will be chosen from participants who have completed all four steps above.
Two additional winners will be chosen for a Disney Gift Packages with Disney merchandise.
Good Luck and thanks for sharing and may you have a Very Merry Unbirthday!
– Cody Woodbrey
Woodbrey Family Travel Giveaway Official Rules: No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. Some restrictions may apply. The Woodbrey Family Travel: Happy Unbirthday Giveaway (“Contest”) runs from 2:00 p.m. Mountain Time (MT) on February 3, 2016 until 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time (MT) on February 29, 2016. Contest is sponsored by Woodbrey Family Travel. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Woodbrey Family Travel and not to Facebook or Twitter. Eligibility: The Contest must be over eighteen years of age as of the beginning of the Contest. Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. How to Enter: To enter, you must do the following; 1: Each participant must fill out the entire entry form with his or her information 2: Accept Giveaway Terms and Conditions. 3: Be a fan of Woodbrey Family Travel on Facebook and/or Twitter. 4: Share the Very Merry Ubirthday Facebook post. Participants must enter to win by February 29, 2016 at 11:59pm. Winners will be announced within 48 hours. Prizes: There will be one grand prize winner of a $500 credit to use towards a future Disney Vacation Package. There will be two additional winners of whom will win a Disney Gift Package with Disney merchandise. Attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information, including multiple Facebook or Twitter accounts, may be disqualified. The $500 credit can only be used through bookings with Woodbrey Family Travel. When using the $500 credit for a Disney Theme park package, the winner must include; 2 Day Park hopper tickets, hotel, Disney dining and must be greater than 3 nights. Notification: Winners will be notified through social media or by email. In the event of non-compliance of these Official Rules, or if the prize is unclaimed, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. By accepting any prize, the winner consents to the use of his or her name, likeness and any other information of any and all advertising/publicity purposes without further consideration, except where prohibited by law, and without any additional compensation. The winner expressly waives the right to review any and all advertising bearing his or her name, photograph, likeness, and titles prior to their use. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE. WOODBREY FAMILY TRAVEL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, OR FOR ENTRIES THAT ARE STOLEN, MISDIRECTED, INCOMPLETE, DELAYED BY COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS, LOST, LATE, MISDIRECTED, ILLEGIBLE, OR MUTILATED. WOODBREY FAMILY TRAVEL IS ALSO NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY WEBSITE USERS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE CONTEST OR BY ANY TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE PROCESSING OF SUBMISSIONS IN THE CONTEST. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND THE CONTEST. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SHOULD WOODBREY FAMILY TRAVEL CHOOSE NOT TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, IT SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT PROVISION. Governing Law and Disputes: All participants agree to abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Woodbrey Family Travel. This Contest is governed by the laws of the state of Utah. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsors reserve the right to terminate or modify the Contest in its sole discretion. Except where prohibited, all participants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Utah; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event, attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and accordance with, the laws of the State of Utah without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Utah. Miscellaneous. Contest prizes are non-transferrable and prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash. All decisions of Woodbrey Family Travel with respect to the contest are final. At Woodbrey Family Travel’s discretion, it reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or technical problems bring into question the integrity of the Contest.
- Maiden Voyage: August 15, 1999 – 4 Night Bahamian Cruise
- Passenger Capacity: 2,400
- Gross Tonnage: 83,000 Tons
- Length: 964 ft, Beam: 106 ft, Draft: 25.3 ft
- Speed: Cruising – 21.5 Knots, Max – 24 Knots
- Crew: 950 Cast Members on board at all times
- Ship Cost: $350 Million
- Lobby Statue is Ariel
- Donald Duck is painting the back of the ship – Each ship has a different character
- Ship Builder was Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)
- Godmother of the ship is Tinker Bell
- On a 7-Night cruise over 15,000 pool towels will be used
- There are 877 Staterooms – Inside: 256, Oceanview: 259 and Verandah 362
- The ship horn whistles, “When You Wish Upon a Star”
- There are 5,390 pillows on board
- On an average 7-Night cruise, 10,000 lbs of Chicken are consumed
- The ship can make 500,000 gallons of fresh water from seawater each day
- Disney Wonder is almost as long as the Eiffel Tower is high
- One anchor alone weighs more than 3 elephants
- On arrival day, cast members will transport approximately 10,000 suitcases
- There is 1,367 miles of cable on the ship
- The ship is painted in Mickey Mouse-inspired colors – black hull, superstructure, yellow trim and two giant red funnels, each with the Disney Line Mickey Mouse Logo.
- Wood is used throughout the whole ship, which is rare for newer ships
- On average there are 86 different nationalities of cast members
- All pools are filled with freshwater and are heated when the temperature drops below 75 Degrees
– Cody Woodbrey
Disney Cruise Line is excited to introduce more variety than ever in Summer 2016! For the first time ever, the Disney Magic will be sailing to the British Isles- including visits to Scotland, England, Ireland and France. Disney Cruise Line will also return to Norway, Iceland and ports of call in more than 15 European countries.
In addition to the tour of Europe with select sailings to Northern Europe, Norwegian Fjords, Iceland, British Isles, Greek Isles and the Mediterranean, Disney Cruise Line will revisit favorite destinations elsewhere around the globe including Alaska, the Caribbean and the Bahamas!
New British Isles
On June 5, 2016, Disney Cruise Line will sail from Dover, England on its very first British Isles Itinerary! The 12-night cruise on the Disney Magic will sail for the first time to Invergordon, Kirkwall, and Greenock (Glasgow), Scotland; Newcastle and Liverpool, England; Dublin, Ireland; Le Harve (Paris), France; and Guernsey; one of the Channel Islands.
On this stunning itinerary, Guests can explore the majestic beauty of Scotland, experience Highland culture, sample traditional cuisine and spirits, and discover the country’s iconic castles. Elsewhere on the itinerary, Guests will experience the merry, cosmopolitan city of Dublin, the culturally rich and romantic Paris, the birthplace of the Beatles and the British Invasion in Liverpool, and the charming Countryside of Guernsey.
Ports: Newcastle, England; Invergordon, Scotland; Kirkwall, Scotland; Greenock, Scotland; Liverpool; England; Dublin, Ireland; Le Harve, France; Guernsey; Dover, England
Departure dates: Disney Magic: Jun. 5, 2016
New Iceland and Norway Itinerary
Disney Cruise Line Guests can explore the natural wonders of Iceland with two new 12-Night Disney Magic sailings. Each itinerary includes two days in Reykjavik and a stop in Akureyri, Iceland; Bergen, Norway; and Kirkwall, Scotland. Departing from Dover, England and concluding in Copenhagen Denmark, then the June 17 cruise also visits Stavanger, Norway and New Castle, England. The July 13 cruise departing from Copenhagen, Denmark and concluding in Dover England also visits Olso and Kristiansand, Norway and Invergordon, Scotland.
On this itinerary, three days in Iceland provides time to explore the country’s rich natural wonders, from volcanoes, lava fields, to glaciers and thermal springs. In Norway, Guests are immersed in the splendor and charm of the country with exciting ports steeped in Viking history.
Ports: Jun. 17: New Castle, England; Kirkwall, Scotland; Reykjavik, Iceland; Akureyri, Iceland; Bergen, Norway; Stavanger, Norway; Copenhagen, Denmark
Jul. 13: Olso, Norway ; Kristiansand, Norway; Bergen, Norway; Akureyri, Iceland; Reykjavik, Iceland; Kirkwall, Scotland; Invergordon, Scotland; Dover, England
Departure dates: Disney Magic: Jun 17, 2016; Jul. 13, 2016
New Norwegian Fjords from Dover
For the first time, Disney Cruise Line will sail from Dover, England on a seven-night cruise to the majestic Norwegian fjords. Departing on May 29, the Disney Magic will visit Stavanger, Alesund, Geiranger and Bergen, Norway.
In Norway, Disney Cruise Line Guests will discover breathtaking natural wonders such as magnificent mountain ranges, massive glaciers and majestic fjords. The enchanting Scandinavian culture of the region comes to life through local attractions, stunning architecture, storybook villages and historic city centers.
Ports: Stavenger, Norway; Alesund, Norway; Geiranger, Norway; Bergen Norway
Departure dates: Disney Magic: May 29, 2016
More Summer 2016 Itineraries
During the summer of 2016, the Disney Magic will return to favorite destinations in Northern Europe, the Greek Isles and the Mediterranean with a variety of seven-night and longer sailings.
From May through August 2016, the Disney Wonder will return to Alaska, sailing from Vancouver, Canada to Tracy Arm, Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan.
In 2016, the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy will sail from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas and Caribbean on a variety of itineraries. Most of these cruises include a stop at Disney Castaway Cay, a private island paradise.
Please contact me for more information or to book one of these AMAZING Disney Cruises.
– Cody Woodbrey
If you have never considered a Disney Cruise, now is the time! If you have any doubts, check out my top 18 reasons to cruise with Disney and you are sure to change your mind.
1. Disney Cruise Line is the top rated and award winning cruise line in the World
2. Staterooms on average are 20% larger than other cruise lines
3. Disney is the only cruise line who does fireworks at sea
4. Main Dining features Disney’s innovative Rotational Dining system which lets you “rotate” to one of 3 distinctly themed restaurants each night, for your main dining experience your servers follow you from venue to venue. No other Cruise line does this and you never have to wait to be seated or for another family to finish eating
5. Disney Cruise Line ships include state-of-the art theatre spaces that showcase live shows and first-run films during your cruise
6. Disney has award winning Broadway-caliber, Disney-themed live shows for the entire family that you simply won’t find anywhere else
7. There is no extra charges for a soda or ice cream – Many cruise lines charge extra for these features
8. All port and fuel charges are included in the price – no secret charges down the road
9. Disney has their own private island, Disney’s Castaway Cay where they provide food and adventures for everybody for free. No extra charge!
10. All Disney Cruise Line shows are appropriate for the whole family, even for the adults
11. Disney is the only cruise line who has a water-coaster at sea, the “AquaDuck” and all the pools on board are fresh water… No salt water here!
13. Room service is completely free
14. The Disney Cruise Line has created fun and adventures for all ages, including adults!
15. All Kids activities on the ship are included. No other cruise line comes close to the array of activities and the caliber of youth counselors
17. There is not a casino on board and there is only one area on the ship where smoking is allowed
18. There are several adult-only areas including a swimming pool, jacuzzis, sun decks, and lounges. Special adult-only shows are offered every night. Don’t worry! They are still clean and to “Disney” standards
– Cody Woodbrey
- Maiden Voyage: July 30, 1998 – 4 Night Bahamian Cruise
- Passenger Capacity: 2,400
- Gross Tonnage: 84,000 Tons
- Length: 964 ft, Beam: 106 ft, Draft: 25.3 ft
- Speed: Cruising Speed 21.5 Knots – Max Speed 24 Knots
- Crew: 950 Cast Members on board at all times
- Godmother of the ship is Patricia Disney, Former wife of Roy E. Disney
- Goofy is painting the back of the ship – Each ship has a different character
- The Magic is longer than Main Street U.S.A at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World
- There are 877 Staterooms – Inside: 256, Oceanview: 259 and Verandah 362
- The ship horn whistles “When You Wish Upon a Star”
- Lobby Statue is Helmsman Mickey Mouse
- On an average 7-Night cruise, over 71,500 eggs and are consumed
- The ship can make 1,200 tons of fresh water from seawater each day
- The ship has 11 decks
- One anchor alone weighs 28,200 pounds
- On arrival day, cast members will transport approximately 10,000 suitcases
- The Disney Magic was built in two halves about 100 miles apart
- The Magic was the first cruise ship to ever have split bathrooms for guests
- The Disney Magic was just recently renovated in October of 2013. Some of the new highlights include; The AquaDunk water slide, new Brazilian-themed restaurant, a new kid’s club, new splash zone water play areas and new adult nightclubs.
- Wood is used throughout the whole ship, which is rare for newer ships
- On average there are over 86 nationalities of cast members
- 70% of staterooms have a view of the Ocean and 60% of them have a private verandah
- All pools are filled with freshwater and are heated to 75 Degrees
- The Walt Disney Theatre can seat 977 guests and expands three decks
– Cody Woodbrey
Castaway Cay is Disney’s 1,000-acre private island in paradise. You will find many activities for the whole family to enjoy, such as swimming, snorkeling boating, parasailing and of course sunbathing.
Along the shoreline at Castaway Cay’s Family Beach you will find several activities for everyone to enjoy. Some of the activities you will find here will be swimming; snorkeling, kayaking, volleyball, or relaxing under the sun. The Games Pavilion is another great place for family members to have fun. The pavilion provides great games such as table tennis, foosball, billiards, chess and basketball.
One of the reasons why my family love snorkeling at Castaway Cay is all the fun things you get so see. While snorkeling you will find treasures like: hidden Mickeys, sunken ships, old submarines, and of course you will see some amazing tropical fish. Tip: Each one of the big treasures are marked by a buoy you can either bring your own snorkel gear or you can rent them at the beach rental shack ($29.00 per person). You can also rent inner tubes here ($10.00 per day).
Pelican Plunge is a must do for your visit to Castaway Cay. This 2,400 square-food floating platform sits a short swimming distance from the beach. Here you find two fun and exciting slides, a giant bucket that dumps hundreds of gallons below and water cannons for shooting targets a short distance away.
Castaway Cay also has some great port adventures you can book such as, stingray interactions, parasailing, fishing, glass-bottom boat tours or even jet skiing. Some of my guests’ favorites are the stingray interactions and parasailing.
Like on the ship, the food here is completely complimentary. Cookie’s BBQ is a great buffet to get food at the family beach area. Some of the foods you will find here are barbeque, burgers, fresh salads, island spiced rotisserie chicken, grilled fish, flat breads, ice cream and soda.
For those adults who want to get away from the family beach, they can head over to Serenity Bay Beach. This beach is the adult only area on the island. Here adults can relax enjoy the cool breeze of the ocean without large crowds and noises. The food here is bit nicer than that of the family beach eating areas.
Beach Cabanas – If you want a little extra piece of paradise, you can rent out 1 of 20 premium rental cabanas. These cabanas proved you private and luxury retreat. The cabanas are furnished with cushioned chairs, luxuries chaise lounges, stylish side tables and a dining table, refrigerator, lockable storage unit and your own fresh water shower. The Cabanas are located just off the Castaway Family Beach and on Serenity bay.
There you have it, Disney’s little piece of Paradise!
If you are planning on taking a Disney Cruise in the future, please contact me for more information and deals.
– Cody Woodbrey
There are several ways in which to get the most out of your “meet and greet” with your favorite Disney Characters. As a performer at Walt Disney World, I can tell you that I’ve seen and experienced it all – the good, the bad, and everything in between. I have therefore compiled some tips and information for you in order to help make this experience the best for your family. This blog post is created to help you better your experience and maximize your “meet and greet” time with the characters.
Lesson 1: Be Prepared
There are a couple of things you can do to be prepared before you ever meet the character.
1. Have your autograph books and cameras ready. This will give you more time to play and interact with the characters versus trying to get your book out or camera ready. This also helps the line go quicker.
2. Take off jackets, bags and/or ponchos. Doing this makes for better-looking pictures. Waiting until you get up to the character takes away from your time to interact with them.
3. Put down any food or drinks. The characters will not take pictures with them in the picture.
Lesson 2: The Approach
When you approach the Disney character, don’t shove your book into their hands.
1. They want to say hi first with a hug or a high five. They want to know you are there for more than just a signature.
2. Make sure the character sees you approaching. They don’t have the best eyesight, and at times they don’t even realize there is a young child by their legs.
3. Please do not jump up on them.
4. Be careful when touching their heads – it’s actually preferred that you don’t touch their heads at all.
5. Everyone must be wearing shoes unless they are being held.
6. They cannot hold your baby.
7. Don’t be rough with the characters. They can be hurt!
Lesson 3: Helping Unsure Kids
I’ve seen hundreds of families that wait in long lines to see the characters only to get up to them and find that their child no longer wants to see them or is crying. These tips will help you get those pictures without the big hassle or need for convincing.
1. Let them watch the character interact with the other families and talk to them about all the fun the other families are having.
2. Holding the child or getting down to the child’s level helps the child feel safe and protected.
3. Hold the child’s hand while walking up to the character.
4. Ask someone to take the picture for you so you can stay with your child. I usually ask the family behind me to do it just in case there isn’t someone at the front of the line to do it. Always check the photo before moving on, as not everyone knows how to use a camera correctly.
5. When taking a picture with your child, put them on the outside shoulder away from the character. By doing this you will help keep them from looking at the camera instead of at the character and/or help them stop crying.
6. If the opposite shoulder strategy doesn’t work, take several steps in front of the character, get their attention to look at the camera, and take the picture. This helps because the child is far enough away that they feel a bit safer and you still get a picture with the character.
Lesson 4: Writing Material for Autographs
By having the right kind of writing utensils it will help you get the best signature possible.
1. Even before you hand the character the autograph books, make sure you use the words “Please” and “Thank You”. These words are often forgotten, but greatly appreciated!
1 – 2-inch pens are hard for anyone to write with, and with a paw it is even harder.
2. Light ink pens or coloring utensils make it hard for the characters to see what they are signing. Use dark ink or colors for signing. When the character can see what they are signing you will get a great signature.
3. Larger-than-life pens are also not the easiest to write with for the characters. The thickness of the pen does make it a bit hard to get a good grip for a great signature.
4. Disney characters’ favorite type of writing utensil is a regular-sized SHARPIE. The inks are thick and they are extremely easy to hold.
5. Characters love it when you use different colors – For example: Tigger loves using Orange colors, whereas The Green Army Man loves using Green to write.
6. The characters also love writing with the fun different Disney pens. They love tickling your faces with the ones with the fuzz on the ends or twirling the character on the end of the pen. They especially love pens with themselves on them.
7. 2-inch size papers or loose papers without something hard behind them are hard to sign on. If you are going to have the papers loose, then use a small clip board. Doing this will help you get the best quality of signatures possible.
Lesson 5: What Characters Can Write On
Disney characters love to sign their name on things, but there are a few things they cannot sign.
1. They cannot sign currency, checks, receipts, other important documents, or things with inappropriate materials on them.
2. They can sign shirts, hats, toys, blankets, and things like that
3. They can’t sign anything while it is being worn. You can take the item off only if it doesn’t reveal skin or undergarments.
4. They can sign the cast of a broken arm or leg – this is the only exception to the previous rule. (Signing casts at the Walt Disney World parks is allowed but NOT at Disneyland parks)
Lesson 6: Creating a Little Bit of Extra Magic
1. The characters love holding, signing, and playing with things that have them on it. Buzz Lightyear loves pretending to fly with his action figure… Or should I say, “Falling with style.”
2. They love giving hugs and high fives
3. Be creative with your pictures. Don’t just stand there; strike a pose! They take thousands of pictures a day with guests posing the same way and they are eager to do something different. Go with the flow – If they want you to pose a certain way, do it. They do some great poses. You can even ask them, “What pose should we make today?” and they will respond with some great ideas. If you have some ideas, they will also join in, as long as it is appropriate.
4. Use more than just your phone camera – you will get better pictures using a real camera.
5. Take a “Selfie” with the characters.
6. Share with the characters why you love them and are there to see them.
Lesson 7: Leaving
When you leave, make sure you thank the Disney characters and the character attendants for letting you come and see them. It’s not easy standing out in the heat all day, but it’s worth it when they feel appreciated and loved. Give last minute high fives and hugs!
If you are planning a trip to one of Disney’s theme parks or a Disney Cruise, please contact me for more information.
– Cody Woodbrey
Guests often ask me, “What benefits are there to staying on Disney property and do guests really save money?” or “We don’t spend a lot of time in our resort, will it make a difference in our trip experience?” The answer is, “YES!” and here is why.
1. Free Transportation – No need to rent a car or pay for any toll-road fees when staying on Disney Property. Guests can enjoy free transfers to and from the Orlando International airport with Disney’s Magical Express. Included with this service is luggage pick up. Disney will pick up your luggage from baggage claim and deliver straight to your hotel. This will you time and a hassle of getting your own bags. On your return home, Disney will check your bags for your flight home right from your hotel. So you don’t have to drag them with you to the airport. To top it off, transfers to and from your resort to the various Disney theme parks, water parks and Disney Springs are also included with your package.
2. Free Parking at All Disney Theme Parks – It doesn’t matter if you choose to rent a car or take your own vehicle, Disney resort guests will not have to pay the daily parking fee to park at the various theme parks or water parks. The parking fee right now starts at about $20 per vehicle.
3. Proximity to the Parks – One of the main reasons for staying on property is the ability to get to the parks easily and quickly. Taking a quick break in the afternoon to get away from the crowds and heat has never been easier. There is nothing like enjoying a dip in the pool a hot summers day. Also, many of the resorts have multiple forms of transportation options to the parks like the taking the monorail or a boat. Some resorts are even so close you can walk from your resort to the park.
4. Free Magic Bands – Disney Resort guests will receive free Magic Bands for each person traveling. Which is a savings of about $22 per person. The Magic Bands connect your room key, park tickets, meal plan, Memory Maker, FastPasses and you can even make purchases for merchandise, food and more. Who really wants to carry all those extra cards around anyway?
5. Extra Magic Hours – One of the other benefits for staying on property are the extra park hours reserved exclusively for resort guests. Guests can enjoy extra time in the parks either an hour before the park opens or two hours after the parks close.
6. FastPass “+” Those staying with Disney have the chance to pre-pick Fastpasses up to 60 days before checking into their hotel. Giving them a 30 day head start over those not staying at a Disney Resort. The extra time allows the guest the opportunity of getting the desired attractions and times they want verses taking what’s left over.
7. Disney Atmosphere – From the moment you step on to Disney Magical Express to the time you arrive back to the airport you are immersed in that fun and exciting Disney Magic. Disney Resorts provide guests with a unique experience you can only get staying on property. From hidden Mickey’s in sheets to larger than life figures around your resort you will not get a grander and more Magical experience staying on property. Each resort has multiple pools with fun and exciting themes. Plus, there are great and unique photo opportunities at each of the resorts – Say “Cheese”!
8. Dine in the Magic – As we all know eating in the parks can be quite expensive and stressful. Well, Disney has come up with a delicious way in lowering this cost. Resorts guests can add one of the Disney meal plans prior to their trips and save about 25% of the cost of their meals. There is No reason for guests to choose the cheapest options of the menu or go hungry any more!
9. Package Delivery – When you buy merchandise in the parks you have the option for Disney to send it straight to your hotel so you don’t have to carry it around the park or carry it with you back to your hotel room.
10. Memory Maker Sharing – Let Disney’s professional photographers document your trip for you! Disney has photographers throughout each of the theme park ready to take your pictures. Enjoy an unlimited array of photos taken by Disney photographers which include pictures taken in the parks, at select dining experiences, attractions and videos from select attractions. You don’t have to purchase each photo individually any more, because you get digital copies of each picture taken. When traveling with a larger group you still only have to buy one Memory Maker for the whole family. Talk about savings!
11. Magical Extras – Each package will receive four vouchers to both Disney’s onsite miniature golf courses, four vouchers to visit the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, plus additional discounts at Disney Springs for savings of 10-20% off various goods.
12. 24-Hour services – Disney Cast members are available 24 hours – Which means you have less things to stress about and more time to relax and have fun!