New Hotel Coming to the Disneyland Resort in 2021
Disneyland has some exciting news to share with everyone about continuing expansion and growth of the Disneyland® Resort. For the first time in almost two decades, Disneyland will open a new Four Diamond hotel! Set to open in 2021, this hotel will transform the west end of the Downtown Disney® District and anchor a new gateway to the Disneyland Resort.
The stunning 700-room hotel will feature a sophisticated design and be a game-changer for Anaheim, creating a dynamic dining, entertainment and hotel experience for resort visitors and local residents. Extensive landscaping and water elements will create a resort oasis, showcasing nature on every level of the hotel. The hotel’s location embraces the iconic Disneyland Monorail with a dedicated platform inside the hotel for direct transport into Disneyland Park.
Guest rooms, public spaces and gardens will provide views of the Downtown Disney District. In addition, an upper-level restaurant and lounge will give guests a view of the popular Disneyland Park fireworks.
The ground level of the hotel will include shops and restaurants opening onto an expansive landscaped plaza complete with playful water features, creating a gathering place for guests and visitors. The new hotel also connects all four Hotels of the Disneyland Resort through lush gardens and beautifully landscaped walkways, transforming the gateway on the west side and creating a welcoming entry for guests.
Construction is scheduled to start in summer 2018, with a grand opening slated for 2021.
Woodbrey Family Travel
Top 15 Reasons for Staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel
Throughout the years, I have been lucky enough to stay in all three Disneyland Resort Hotels. If you are looking for that extra special something on your next Disneyland vacation, this is it! Below you will find a list of the many benefits of staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel. Trust me when I say, Disneyland can get more magical than it already is, and staying at one of these hotels can make a big difference!
1. Guests have quick and easy access to the Disneyland parks and Downtown Disney – they are literally steps away!
2. Disneyland Resorts are the top rated hotels in the Anaheim area – All Disney Resorts are AAA Diamond rated.
3. Resort rooms are much nicer and more spacious than the surrounding hotels.
4. You can request a wake up call from your favorite Disney characters.
5. Step into the storytelling and magic of Disney everywhere you go – Disney touches are in your rooms, the lobby, pool area, restaurants, even in the carpet and wall paper! You will be completely immersed in the magic!
6. Get Disney’s legendary quality services and help 24 hours a day – If something goes wrong or you have questions, a Disney cast member will be right there to help. Disney has very high standards when hiring their cast members. They are polite and always willing to help. They will go the extra mile!
7. Each day guests have the opportunity to take advantage of the Early Morning Extra Hour into the parks. So, with a five day park ticket guests will be able to enter into the parks an hour before the parks open to the general public for five days. This is particularly nice for Disney’s California Adventure Park. As you may know, Radiator Springs Racers attraction is extremely popular and the line is always long. Having the extra hour in the morning not only saves you time, but within the first hour you can ride this attraction several times. We usually ride it three times during this hour. The same can be true for any of your favorite attractions at either park.
8. Resort pools are larger and are nicer than the surrounding area hotels, plus, each resort includes fun slides.
9. Each of the Disney Resorts have several activities that take place every day that the whole family can enjoy including: arts and crafts, special showings of Disney films, pool parties, computer games, and dinner at the fun-filled child activity center. You don’t get anything like this at the other hotels.
10. Use your “Key to the Magic” card (room key) to charge meals and merchandise purchases right to your room.
11. Have merchandise delivered right to your hotel with Package Express Services at no extra charge.
12. If you’re staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa you have a private entrance into Disney’s California Adventure. In the afternoon, only Disney Resort guests can use this entrance.
13. When staying at one of the Disney hotels you can enjoy many of the amenities from all three hotels including the Mandara Spa at the Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
14. Guests have access to special tours available exclusively to Disney Resort guests (Experiences change pretty regularly. Ask the front desk when you arrive what they are during your stay).
15. Music from the fireworks and/or World of Color can be listened to in each guest room. If your room is facing the parks, you can watch the shows from your hotel.
If you are planning a trip to Disneyland, please contact me for more information and deals.
– Cody Woodbrey
The BOATHOUSE Now Open at Downtown Disney
Now open at Downtown Disney, The BOATHOUSE: Great Food, Waterfront Dining, Dream Boats is the first of several new restaurants coming to The Landing, a new neighborhood that will be part of Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort.
The BOATHOUSE is an upscale waterfront dining experience where you can feast on fresh seafood, a raw bar, steaks and chops while enjoying a display of rare dream boats from the 1930s – 1950s.
And, if you want more, you can purchase tickets for guided tours on The BOATHOUSE Amphicars, which launch from land and enter water with a splash, or The Venezia, a breathtaking 40-foot wooden Italian Water Taxi.
Plus, Harbor Master festivities take place throughout the day and evening. You can experience flag ceremonies and lively musical performances of beloved bugle songs. Inside, they can enjoy live entertainment featuring a variety of musical styles.
– Cody Woodbrey
New Retail and Dining Experiences Announced for Disney Springs
A total of 13 new tenants were recently announced, including eight retail shops. With new retailers already aboard and new restaurants either open or coming soon, Downtown Disney is transforming into an exciting new waterfront district for world-class shopping, unique dining, and high-quality entertainment.
Newly announced tenants include:
- Zara: Owned by the Inditex Group, one of the world’s largest fashion retail groups. Zara is known for its men’s, women’s and children’s clothing and accessories, and how it expertly interprets current fashion and style trends of the season, delivering original designs to the consumer in a matter of weeks.
- Tommy Bahama: Iconic island lifestyle brand Tommy Bahama embodies relaxed sophistication. The hallmarks of this casual collection include island-inspired sportswear, denim, and swimwear for men and women in luxuriously soft silks and cottons, richly woven textures and eclectic prints.
- Lilly Pulitzer: The authentic American resort wear brand, Lilly Pulitzer, is landing in the heart of Disney and will be offering their clothing and accessories, optimistic outlook, and happy prints to those who’ve loved the brand for years and new Lilly Girls out there.
- UNIQLO: Leading global retailer UNIQLO designs, manufactures, and sells casual apparel that comes from the company’s Japanese values of simplicity, quality and longevity. The simplest design hides the most thoughtful details in clothing that is constantly being innovated to bring more warmth and lightness, better design and comfort to people’s lives.
- PANDORA: Building on its existing relationship with Disney Parks, the popular jewelry brand offers classic yet modern charm bracelets, along with necklaces, rings and earrings, as well as a line of exclusive Disney-themed jewelry.
- UGG: The UGG® brand is recognized as a premium lifestyle brand offering men’s, women’s and kid’s footwear as well as loungewear, outerwear, home products, cold weather accessories and handbags.
- L’Occitane en Provence: L’Occitane en Provence is an international skincare and beauty line celebrating the culture and beauty of Provence, France.
- Edward Beiner: A leading eyewear designer, purveyor and retailer, Edward Beiner offers today’s aspiring lifestyle-oriented customer the world’s most original, authentic and innovative designer, fashion and high performance eyewear.
- Edison: Inspired by The Edison venue in Los Angeles, this lavish “Industrial Gothic” -style restaurant, bar and nighttime destination is themed to a 1920s-period power plant, recalling an exuberant era of invention and imagination. It will feature exceptionally good classic American food, craft cocktails and live entertainment including cabaret and music.
- Sprinkles: The world’s first cupcake bakery, as named by Food Network and others, serves up handcrafted cupcakes, slow churned ice cream and homemade cookies. Their innovative Cupcake ATM satisfies sweet-toothed epicureans 24/7.
- Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza: Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza is a modern day “pizza joint” known for its custom-built artisanal pizzas, freshly made salads, blood orange lemonade and s’more pies. The fast-casual restaurant features an interactive assembly-line format that allows guests to customize their pizza, choosing from over 40 fresh, artisanal toppings – all for one price. The generously sized, 11-inch pizzas are “fast-fired” in a blazing hot open-flame oven and ready to enjoy in just 180 seconds.
- Vivoli Gelateria: Vivoli Gelateria serves expertly crafted gelato made with fresh, seasonal ingredients, panini sandwiches and espresso drinks.
- Tea Traders Café by Joffrey’s: Tea Traders Café by Joffrey’s specializes in premium loose-leaf teas (hot, iced, blended) featuring customs blends, accessories and packaged teas from all over the globe; created to go or for a tea experience in the café.
Stay tuned for updates as Downtown Disney continues to expand into Disney Springs.
– Cody Woodbrey
Photo & content provided by Disney Destinations
12 Reasons to Stay on Property at Walt Disney World!
Guests often ask me, “What benefits are there to staying on Disney property and do guests really save money?” or “We don’t spend a lot of time in our resort, will it make a difference in our trip experience?” The answer is, “YES!” and here is why.
1. Free Transportation – No need to rent a car or pay for any toll-road fees when staying on Disney Property. Guests can enjoy free transfers to and from the Orlando International airport with Disney’s Magical Express. Included with this service is luggage pick up. Disney will pick up your luggage from baggage claim and deliver straight to your hotel. This will you time and a hassle of getting your own bags. On your return home, Disney will check your bags for your flight home right from your hotel. So you don’t have to drag them with you to the airport. To top it off, transfers to and from your resort to the various Disney theme parks, water parks and Disney Springs are also included with your package.
2. Free Parking at All Disney Theme Parks – It doesn’t matter if you choose to rent a car or take your own vehicle, Disney resort guests will not have to pay the daily parking fee to park at the various theme parks or water parks. The parking fee right now starts at about $20 per vehicle.
3. Proximity to the Parks – One of the main reasons for staying on property is the ability to get to the parks easily and quickly. Taking a quick break in the afternoon to get away from the crowds and heat has never been easier. There is nothing like enjoying a dip in the pool a hot summers day. Also, many of the resorts have multiple forms of transportation options to the parks like the taking the monorail or a boat. Some resorts are even so close you can walk from your resort to the park.
4. Free Magic Bands – Disney Resort guests will receive free Magic Bands for each person traveling. Which is a savings of about $22 per person. The Magic Bands connect your room key, park tickets, meal plan, Memory Maker, FastPasses and you can even make purchases for merchandise, food and more. Who really wants to carry all those extra cards around anyway?
5. Extra Magic Hours – One of the other benefits for staying on property are the extra park hours reserved exclusively for resort guests. Guests can enjoy extra time in the parks either an hour before the park opens or two hours after the parks close.
6. FastPass “+” Those staying with Disney have the chance to pre-pick Fastpasses up to 60 days before checking into their hotel. Giving them a 30 day head start over those not staying at a Disney Resort. The extra time allows the guest the opportunity of getting the desired attractions and times they want verses taking what’s left over.
7. Disney Atmosphere – From the moment you step on to Disney Magical Express to the time you arrive back to the airport you are immersed in that fun and exciting Disney Magic. Disney Resorts provide guests with a unique experience you can only get staying on property. From hidden Mickey’s in sheets to larger than life figures around your resort you will not get a grander and more Magical experience staying on property. Each resort has multiple pools with fun and exciting themes. Plus, there are great and unique photo opportunities at each of the resorts – Say “Cheese”!
8. Dine in the Magic – As we all know eating in the parks can be quite expensive and stressful. Well, Disney has come up with a delicious way in lowering this cost. Resorts guests can add one of the Disney meal plans prior to their trips and save about 25% of the cost of their meals. There is No reason for guests to choose the cheapest options of the menu or go hungry any more!
9. Package Delivery – When you buy merchandise in the parks you have the option for Disney to send it straight to your hotel so you don’t have to carry it around the park or carry it with you back to your hotel room.
10. Memory Maker Sharing – Let Disney’s professional photographers document your trip for you! Disney has photographers throughout each of the theme park ready to take your pictures. Enjoy an unlimited array of photos taken by Disney photographers which include pictures taken in the parks, at select dining experiences, attractions and videos from select attractions. You don’t have to purchase each photo individually any more, because you get digital copies of each picture taken. When traveling with a larger group you still only have to buy one Memory Maker for the whole family. Talk about savings!
11. Magical Extras – Each package will receive four vouchers to both Disney’s onsite miniature golf courses, four vouchers to visit the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, plus additional discounts at Disney Springs for savings of 10-20% off various goods.
12. 24-Hour services – Disney Cast members are available 24 hours – Which means you have less things to stress about and more time to relax and have fun!