The Force is strong at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an addition of all new Star Wars-inspired entertainment and shopping experiences.
Star Wars Launch Bay
At the all new Star Wars Launch Bay, guests can interact with some of their favorite Star Wars characters by choosing to encounter the Dark Side in a Star Destroyer themed area, or visit with the brave Rebels in a makeshift Rebel Base. One path leads to Darth Vader, while the other leads to Chewbacca.
The Launch Bay also includes two different exhibits – Celebration Gallery and Celebration Hallway to view iconic ships from the Rebel Alliance and Imperial Navy fleet, as well as replica Star Wars props and murals. Guests excited for the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens can head to Preview Gallery to explore an area filled with costumes, artwork, models and more from the new film. And of course, guests will be able to shop at the Launch Bay Cargo, where they can shop a variety of Star Wars merchandise, including original artwork.
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
This well know attraction has been enhanced to feature new characters and adventures from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Including minor additions to older adventures so be sure to keep an eye out for those extra touches.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
The popular Jedi Training is back and ready for guests to experience something a little different and new. In this experience, Younglings join with the rebel alliance as young Padawans and learn how to become a Jedi at the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. This popular offering also has been enhanced to feature new characters, including a new villain – the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from Star Wars.
Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
For those who may not be up-to-date on the Star Wars film franchise, will have the opportunity to do so at the Star Wars: Path of the Jedi. Here, guests can view an abridged cinematic reel that reviews Star Wars episodes I-VII.
All New Star Wars-inspired food items have been added to menus throughout the park. These menu items will include foods such as Blue Milk Panna Cotta, Padawan Limeade, BB-8 Lemon and Butter Cream Cupcakes, and much more.
“Symphony In The Stars: A Galactic Spectacular”
Blasting off on December 18, 2015 an all new nightly firework show, “Symphony In The Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” will be added to the line up of great entertainment.
Starting January the 6th, guest will be able watch the fireworks from a reserved viewing area during a special dessert party – “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party.” There will be Star Wars-themed desserts and drinks. Guest will also receive a souvenir stein featuring one of the most beloved Star Wars characters, Chewbacca.
– Cody Woodbrey
“Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” is the newest spooky addition to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom Park. The mischievous Sanderson Sisters from Disney’s “Hocus Pocus” return for one night during the Halloween season. With only a few hours to run amuck, the three sisters decide to use their magic to throw the best, evil Halloween party this side of the graveyard!
“Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” features appearances by Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie, Hades, Maleficent and other great Disney villains, along with dancers, projections and special effects that combine to make this new show a not-to-be-missed Halloween treat.
This new show really is the highlight of the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. l enjoyed watching the show so much, I saw it five times between the two parties I attended. With having a great story line, the Sanderson sisters and the amazing performers, this show is by far the best thing this party has had in years. This answers the question, “Is the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party worth the extra money?”… Yes, its worth every penny.
Below are some of the pictures I took while on my visit. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them!
– Cody Woodbrey
Disney is excited to debut all-new Star Wars experiences at Disneyland Park in Southern California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida in the coming months.
Beginning Nov. 16, 2015, guests visiting Disneyland Park will have the chance to jump to lightspeed with Season of the Force, featuring opportunities to meet some of their favorite Star Wars characters, experience an exciting twist on a favorite attraction and more.
Opening at Disneyland Park on Nov. 16 will be:
- Star Wars Launch Bay – This new area will offer opportunities to visit with favorite Star Wars characters, special exhibits, peeks at the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens and much more.
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – This popular attraction will feature a new scene inspired by the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Jedi Training Academy : Trials of the Temple – Coming in December, a twist on the Jedi Training experience will introduce new characters and a new villain from the popular Disney X D series, Star Wars Rebels.
- Hyperspace Mountain – For a limited time, guests will join an X-wing starfighter battle in this reimagining of the classic Space Mountain attraction.
- Other limited-time experiences include:
- An opportunity to revisit favorite scenes from classic Star Wars films at Tomorrowland Theater.
- Special themed food and beverage, merchandise and entertainment.
Disney will have release dates to share soon for Season of the Force at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
Disney Parks is also preparing to take guests to a galaxy far, far away with new Star Wars-themed lands. With groundbreaking scheduled to take place in 2016 for our largest single-land expansions ever, building the new 14-acre lands will be major projects at both Disneyland Park in Southern California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
Work to make room for this new land at Disneyland Park in California will require the Rivers of America and the Disneyland Railroad to close temporarily. The following will suspend operations at the end of the operating day on Jan. 10, 2016:
- The Disneyland Railroad, including all stations
- Attractions along the Rivers of America, including:
- Mark Twain Riverboat and Sailing Ship Columbia
- Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
- Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes
Elsewhere in Frontierland, Big Thunder Ranch – including Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue, Big Thunder Ranch Petting Farm and Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree – will close permanently at the end of the operating day on Jan. 10, 2016.
Stay tuned for more details on Season of the Force!
– Cody Woodbrey
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is one of my favorite events to attend. This event is filled with all kinds of spooktacular entertainment and is one of the most anticipated special events of the year. Your family, like mine, will love the special Villainous Fireworks show, “Happy HalloWishes”, Unlimited Trick or Treating, Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade, Hocus Pocus Villain Spelitacular and of course all the different character meet and greets. Here you will find some of your favorite Disney Villains, along with Mickey Mouse and his friends, all dressed in their Halloween costumes! Costumes are not required for this event but definitely encouraged. Dressing up for this event for our family really has added to the magic and excitement of the event.
Mickey’s Trick-or-Treat Trails – Treats include apple slices, carrots, raisins, dried fruit, and of course, a variety of chocolates and other candies. Trust me when I say you will leave the party with several pounds of candy. The Trick-or-Treat trails are all over the park, and cast members hand out handfuls of treats. You can go back to the same locations for treats all you want.
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelitacular – In “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular,” the mischievous Sanderson Sisters from Disney’s “Hocus Pocus” return to the mortal world for one night during the Halloween season. With only a few hours to run amuck, the three sisters decide to use their magic to throw the best, evil Halloween party this side of the graveyard!
With the help of the Disney villains, Winifred, Mary and Sarah gather together sinister shadows, nefarious nightmares and the power of their frightful friends to conjure the ultimate Hocus Pocus Party Potion and cast a spell on everyone in the Magic Kingdom Park. “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” features appearances by Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie, Maleficent and other great Disney villains, along with dancers, projections and special effects that combine to make this new show a not-to-be-missed Halloween treat. This show runs 4 nights during the party with the first one starting at 8:35 p.m., 9:20 p.m., 10:40 p.m. and 12:00 pm.
Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade – Each Halloween party has two parades, the first one starting at 8:35 p.m. and the second one starting at 11:15 p.m. I highly recommend going to the second parade because more guests watch the first parade, making it a lot more crowded. Ralph and Venelope from Wreck-it Ralph start the parade off with a pre parade to get things exciting and fun. Soon after the pre parade the Headless Horseman takes off through the streets to get the parade started, which is awesome to see! Shortly afterwards you will see amazing floats decorated in all things Halloween, such as Characters dressed in costumes, grave diggers dragging their shovels, villains being bad, pirates playing with their loot, and many more fun and exciting things
Celebrate The Magic – Each night Cinderella’s Royal Castle comes to life as Disney Imagineers create a new way of storytelling. They use Cinderella’s beautiful castle as the canvas of telling the stories of some of your favorite Disney movies. Celebrate the Magic is a great preshow to the fireworks. It’s an exciting show the whole family will enjoy and I highly recommend watching it. The show plays nightly right before and after the fireworks spectacular at 9:45 p.m.
Happy HalloWishes – These fireworks start at 10:00 p.m. in front of Cinderella’s castle. None other than your ghost host from the Haunted Mansion hosts this “Happy HalloWishes” Fireworks Spooktacular show. Flames, fireworks and a remix of your favorite Disney villain’s theme music all come together to make this a don’t-miss firework show. These fireworks, which are different than the regular fireworks done during the week, are absolutely amazing and are my favorite to watch!
“Celebrate The Magic” & “Happy HalloWishes” Fireworks Tips – For the best view of Celebrate The Magic, stand between the Refreshment Corner on Main Street and the main hub in front of the castle (the circular area where Walt Disney’s statue is). I would not stand between the hub and the castle because the castle will partially block your view of the fireworks. The closer you get to Casey’s Corner, the better your view will be. Main Street U.S.A. is also a good spot to view the shows.
Face Painting – Disney provides free face painting during the parties. The lines to get your face painted can get long really quick. The face painting is done between Space Mountain and the Dance stage in Tomorrowland.
The Cadaver Dans – Head over to Frontierland and listen to a deadly group of cowboys singing songs in the style of the Dapper Dans.
Specialty Food – Halloween party exclusive treats are sold throughout the park. Goodies available include spiced Pumpkin Waffle Sundae at Sleepy Hallow, Specialty Cupcakes and cookies at the Main Street Bakery, Ghost Cupcakes at Gaston’s Tavern, Candy Corn Soft-serve ice Cream at Storybook Treats, and Candy Corn Cotton Candy at several of the outdoor carts. These treats really are pretty good. You have to try at least one of them if not several of them.
Exclusive Merchandise – Disney sells exclusive merchandise during the parties such as t-shirts, Disney trading pins, new Magic bands and more. The Emporium and Mickey’s Star Traders are the only two places that sell the exclusive merchandise. You can buy other Disney Halloween-themed merchandise during the day as well.
The Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball Dance Party – This dance party is a great way to take a load off and dance the night away with some of your favorite Monstrous characters. Select Disney Characters come out and dance with everyone; however, they usually don’t stop and take pictures and don’t sign autographs at the dance parties.
Character Meet and Greets
There are 39 possible characters that do meet and greets, and there are 11 characters at the Dance parties, which totals 50 characters that you will be able to visit in some way. Below is a list of the meet and greet characters for the party.
Costumed Characters – Keep your eyes open, because you never know whom you’ll see–but will you recognize them? Your beloved Disney Characters will be dressed up in their best costumes, and Disney Villains will be out in full force. It was fun to see them all in their different costumes. Just make sure you don’t forget your camera!
Extremely Popular Characters
Jack Skellington & Sally – Located in Main Street, U.S.A. next to City Hall; Greeting Tip: The line to meet them starts forming about 5:30 p.m. If you wait until the party starts you could spend up to 2 ½ hours waiting to see them, which will take up half of the party.
Seven Dwarfs – Located in Fantasyland next to the great walls in Fantasyland beyond the Carousel; Greeting Tip: The line to meet the Seven Dwarf’s starts about 6:15 p.m. The line can extend up to 2 hours. If you want to see both Jack & Sally and the Seven Dwarfs, wait to do the meet and greet for the dwarfs later in the evening; however, don’t wait too long, because they will cut off the line early.
Captain Jack Sparrow – Located in Adventureland across the pathway from Pirates of Caribbean attraction; Greeting Tip: The line to meet Jack starts about 6:15 p.m. The line will extend up to about 2 hours. Great time to meet Jack is during the parade. I would skip the first parade and meet Jack and go to the second parade, which usually has the smaller crowds.
Princess Anna & Queen Elsa – Located in Fantasyland at Princess Fairytale Hall; They do meet and greets here all day. If you want to meet them I would do it during the day before the party starts. Their line will be at least 2 hours long.
Moderately Popular Characters
Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet & Eeyore – Located next to the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh attraction; They typically don’t start meeting guests until about a half hour after the party starts. These characters are dressed up in their Halloween costumes. Only Winnie the Pooh and Tigger do meet and greets during the day, and they are not dressed up at that time.
Tarzan, Jane & Terk – Located in Adventureland just past the bridge on the right side on the Verandah; Tarzan & Jane are not out with each other the whole time. For every hour there is about 15 minutes they are not together. Terk is out for the entire time.
Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu & the Genie – Located in Adventureland in the building across the path from the Swiss Family Tree house; Aladdin & Abu come out together, and Jasmine and the Genie come out together. They switch off with each other. They do have about 5 minutes where you will get all four at once, but it is hard to time it just right.
Mad Hatter, Alice, the White Rabbit & the Queen of Hearts – Located in Fantasyland near the Tea cups; The Wonderland characters switch with each other throughout the party. Alice & the White Rabbit do meet and greets earlier in the day.
The Witch or Hag – Located in Fantasyland near the bridge by the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Jafar – Located in Adventureland across from the Flying Carpets
Lotso-Huggin Bear & Buzzlight Year – Located in Tomorrowland between the Carousel of progress and Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin; Buzz meets during the day, but Lotso only comes out for the party
Easier To Meet Characters
Mickey Mouse – Located in Main Street, U.S.A in the Town Square Theatre; Mickey meets here regularly, but during the Halloween Party he dresses in his Halloween costume
Minnie Mouse – Located in Fantasyland near the entrance of the circus; Minnie Mouse is dressed in her Halloween costume for the party
Goofy – Located in Fantasyland near the entrance of the circus; Goofy is dressed in his Halloween costume for the party
Gaston – Located in Fantasyland near Gaston’s Tavern; Meets guests during the regular day here
Cinderella & Rapunzel – Located in Fantasyland at Princess Fairytale Hall; Meets guests during the regular day here
Snow White & Aurora – Located in Fantasyland next to the great walls in Fantasyland beyond the Carousel; Meets guests during the regular day in Town Square
Princess Tiana- Located in Liberty Square behind the Christmas Shop; Meets guests during the regular day here
Donald & Daisy – Located in Fantasyland near the entrance of the circus; Both are dressed in their Halloween costume for the party
Tinker Bell – Located in Main Street, U.S.A in the Town Square Theatre; Meets guests during the regular day here
Ariel – Located in Fantasyland next to Ariel’s Grotto; Meets guests during the regular day
Merida – Located in Fantasyland at the Fairytale Garden; Meets guests during the regular day
Additional Meet and Greet Tips – I would meet the characters that are out during the day before the party starts and get the rare characters during the party. There really isn’t enough time during the party to see all the characters. Your tickets get you into the park starting at 4:00 p.m., which gives you an extra 3 hours in the parks. Remember to get into line early for those really popular characters so you don’t waste your whole party waiting for only a couple of characters.
There you have it one of the best events Walt Disney World puts on each year. This event is worth the extra cost and I highly recommend going. If you want more information on the event or want to plan a trip to Walt Disney World, please contact me.
– Cody Woodbrey
Here’s an early look at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2015 Event park map, enjoy!
Mickey’s No-So-Scary Halloween Party Dates for 2015
This year’s parties start at 7 p.m.-midnight on September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27 and October 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31 and November 1.
- September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27; October 1 – Advance: $68 (plus tax) for adults; $63 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9); Day of the Event: $74 (plus tax) for adults; $69 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)
- October 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, November 1 – Advance: $74 (plus tax) for adults; $69 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9); Day of the Event: $79 (plus tax) for adults; $74 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)
- Halloween – $87 (plus tax) for adults; $82 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)
If you are planning a trip to Walt Disney World during the Halloween season be sure to contact me for more information and deals.
– Cody Woodbrey
This intergalactic quest through the Walt Disney World Resort blasts off April 14-17, 2016 and channels the Dark Side of the Force. Events include a 5K, 10K, kids’ races and half marathon. There will also be a Star Wars Dark Side Challenge — running the 10K and the half marathon on consecutive days – that offers each finisher a Death Star-themed medal.
Runners who join the Galactic Empire will enjoy a true Star Wars experience, including Dark Side-inspired medals and merchandise throughout the weekend.
This new race follows the debut of the popular Star Wars-themed race at Disneyland Resort, which will return in January as the “Star Wars Half Marathon – the Light Side”.
Guests who dare to experience both Star Wars races will have the chance to take on the Kessel Run Challenge — completing the Star Wars half marathon missions on both coasts. Kessel Run Challenge runners can earn a commemorative “Coast to Coast” medal inspired by the Millennium Falcon starship.
Registration for “Star Wars Half Marathon – the Dark Side” opens Sept. 22, 2015 at noon ET and remember, you can book a Magic Your Way Package for this event.
– Cody Woodbrey
At the D23 Expo 2015, Disney has announced an all new line-up of attractions and entertainment will be coming to both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – Later this year, Star Tours will include a new adventure featuring locations and characters from the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, giving guests a new adventure in the Star Wars galaxy. This will be in addition to the already 50 different sequences guests experience now.
- Star Wars Launch Bay – This interactive experience will take guests into the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, with special exhibits and peeks behind-the-scenes, including opportunities to visit with new and favorite Star Wars characters, special merchandise and food offerings. Star Wars Launch Bay will be located in the Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park.
- Jedi Training Academy – A favorite of younger fans is reimagined with a new experience that includes new characters and a new villain to battle from the popular Disney X D series “Star Wars Rebels.”
- Season of the Force – This new seasonal event, beginning early 2016, brings new experiences to both coasts. In Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park, you can explore the Star Wars galaxy with special entertainment throughout the land, themed food locations and more. Guests also will be thrilled to climb aboard Hyperspace Mountain, a reimagining of the classic Space Mountain attraction, in which guests will join an X-wing Starfighter battle. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Guests will close out weekend nights with a new fireworks spectacular set to the iconic score of the Star Wars movies.
– Cody Woodbrey
This last weekend at D23 EXPO 2015, Bob Iger announced to the world that Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort, and Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Resort will be getting Star Wars-themed lands.
With the creation of the all new Star Wars lands at both theme parks will be Disney’s largest single themed land expansions ever at 14 acres each, transporting guests to a never-before-seen planet, a remote trading port and one of the last stops before wild space where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life. You heard that right, these two lands will have an all new character experiences where you can meet the Star Wars characters all year round. Another experience guests have been asking for over the years.
“I am thrilled to announce the next chapter in the long and exciting history between Disney Parks and Star Wars,” said Iger. “We are creating a jaw-dropping new world that represents our largest single themed land expansion ever. These new lands at Disneyland and Walt Disney World will transport guests to a whole new Star Wars planet, including an epic Star Wars adventure that puts you in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.”
Each of these lands will include two main signature attractions. One of which will allow guests to experience and all new thrilling battle experience, The other attraction allows guests to take controls of one of the most famous ships in the galaxy, the Millennium Falcon, as they take on a customized secret mission.
Dates have not yet been announced as to when everything is to take place but it’s coming and that’s what everyone is looking forward to. When more information and dates are released I will be sure to announce and post them… May the Force be with you!
– Cody Woodbrey
Woodbrey Family Travel is excited to announced his Summer Promotion and Raffle!
Each summer, Woodbrey Family Travel has a big incentive for those who book Disney vacations in the month of July and August along with a Big Summer RAFFLE that takes place on his Facebook page. The details on how to enter the raffle and the booking offer are below.
Big Summer Raffle Details
Who doesn’t like to win FREE Disney merchandise just for commenting and sharing Facebook posts?! I know I do and here is your chance to do exactly that. Throughout the month of July until August 9th, share and comment on the new posts that are made. Each time you do so you will get an entry into the raffle to win Disney Merchandise. You could win one or several of the gifts in the above picture. Some posts will be worth double or triple entries so keep an eye out for those ones. If you book a Disney trip before August 9th you will automatically get 5 extra entries. There will be multiple winners!
Booking Incentives Details
When you book ANY Disney vacation package with Woodbrey Family Travel between now and August 9th, you will receive all sorts of extra Disney themed gifts when you book your trip. Below you will find the extra gifts that are given for each Disney Destination. Make sure to mention this blog or code DisneySummerGift to qualify for the extra gifts… So where will you be vacationing this next year?
Walt Disney World Vacation Package Gifts
Lanyards, Luggage Tags, Trading Pins, Disney Activity Book (Packages with kids)
Disney Autograph Book and Pen or Disney Activity Pack (One Per Child), Disney Key Chains (One Per Adult), Disney Crayons Disney (One Per Child), Toy Story Tsum Tsum
Disney Mini Golf Voucher, Planet Hollywood Souvenir Voucher (One per package)
Planet Hollywood $15 Meal Voucher (One per Package), Walt Disney Travel Savings book – Special offerings and savings at many participating dining and merchandise locations throughout the Downtown Disney shopping area – “Disney Springs.”
Disneyland Vacation Package Gifts
Diamond Anniversary Lanyards, Diamond Anniversary Luggage Tags, Diamond Anniversary Trading Pins, Disney Diamond Anniversary Activity Book (Packages with kids), Disney Diamond Anniversary Pen, Disney Diamond Anniversary Magnet, Toy Story Tsum Tsum, $10 ESPN Game Card, Free 5X7 photopass Photo (Photo can be either an attractions photo or one from the park), Disney Autograph Book and Pen or Disney Activity Pack (One Per Child), Disney Key Chains (One Per Adult)
Disney Crayons Disney (One Per Child), Walt Disney Travel Savings Card – A special card offering savings and values at many participating dining and merchandise locations throughout the Disneyland Resort and Early Entrance into Disneyland as long as you have 3 days or more.
Disney Cruise Line Vacation Package Gifts
$30 Onboard Credit, Disney Lanyards
Disney Trading Pins, Disney Activity Book (Packages with kids), Disney Autograph Book and Pen or Disney Activity Pack (One Per Child), Disney Key Chains (One Per Adult)
Disney Crayons Disney (One Per Child), Disney Dry Erase Board, Disney Playing Card, Toy Story Tsum Tsum, Disney’s Frozen String Bag and a Disney’s Frozen Kids Purse
Aulani Vacation Gifts
Disney Lanyards, Disney Trading Pins, Disney Activity Book (Packages with kids), Disney Autograph Book and Pen or Disney Activity Pack (One Per Child), Disney Key Chains (One Per Adult), Disney Crayons Disney (One Per Child), Disney Playing Card, Toy Story Tsum Tsum, Disney’s Frozen String Bag, Disney’s Frozen Kids Purse, Disney Chalk Board and a $30 booking Credit (Must be at least 6 nights)
Adventures by Disney Vacation Gifts
Disney Lanyards, Disney Trading Pins, Adventures by Disney Luggage Tags, Adventures by Disney laptop bag, Adventures by Disney, Disney Activity Book (Packages with kids), Disney Autograph Book and Pen or Disney Activity Pack (One Per Child), Disney Key Chains (One Per Adult), Disney Crayons Disney (One Per Child), Toy Story Tsum Tsum, Disney’s Frozen String Bag, Disney’s Frozen Kids Purse and a $50 booking credit (Must book at least a 6 night trip)
I hope, as you look to future Disney adventures, that you will think of Woodbrey Family Travel when planning. Remember, at Woodbrey Family Travel, my services are absolutely free. Disney takes care of me with no extra cost to you. I am a current Disney cast member and know Disney travel extremely well and I promise you will have the best possible trip planned when booking with us.
– Cody Woodbrey
Frozen Summer Fun is back at Disney’s Hollywood Studios from June 17 – September 7, 2015! Enjoy a Frozen fireworks show, royal welcome, sing-along celebration, DJ dance party, special merchandise and food & beverage offerings.
“Frozen” Summer Fun highlights include:
“Frozen” Royal Welcome
You can watch and wave as Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf make their way through Disney’s Hollywood Studios twice daily in a festive cavalcade, accompanied by the Royal Arendelle Flag Corps and a flurry of skaters, skiers and ice cutters. Anna leads the procession in a horse-drawn sleigh, as Elsa glides by on a stunning ice palace float.
For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration
Just in time for “Frozen” Summer Fun, this popular show moves into the beautiful Hyperion Theater (formerly Superstar Television Theater), located right in the heart of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Here, you can join the Royal Historians of Arendelle as they host this fun and comedic retelling of the unique story of their kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen,” plus all-new theater effects and special appearances by Anna, Elsa and Kristoff.
Olaf’s Summer Cool Down
As the temperature heats up, you can cool off with Olaf who happily shares a burst of flurries from his personal snow cloud. Here you will see Olaf sing his one is favorite summer songs.
“Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party
When the sun goes down, DJ Chill and some favorite Disney Characters take to the stage for the “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party where you can rock out to a medley of the hottest “Frozen” hits!
“Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular
As the night comes to a close, you can celebrate the coolest day ever as Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf come together at the Event Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities – an awe-inspiring “Frozen” Fireworks display set to the music of “Frozen” and, of course, a flurry of snow.
If you are looking for something extra special to do, you can enjoy a day fit for Arendelle royalty with the “Frozen” Summer Fun Premium Package, which includes royal viewing access to a trio of these experiences. Each package includes:
- Reserved viewing for “Frozen” Royal Welcome – complete with regal refreshments, including soft drinks and ice cream.
- Reserved seating for a choice of one show time of For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration.”
- “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular viewing with dessert party, featuring Frozen-themed desserts, as well as specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
The cost for the package is $69 for adults, $39 for children ages 3-9. Tax and gratuity are included.
– Cody Woodbrey
Brunch Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort is now a daily offering.
The Chef Mickey’s restaurant has been one of the more popular Walt Disney World Resort restaurant and now guests can experience even more. This spot has been one of the top places for guest to meet some of their favorite Disney Character, such as Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Chip and Dale and a few others.
The brunch menu expands some of the breakfast favorites along with soup, salads and hot dishes, including barbecued ribs, seafood étouffée and baked salmon. Plus, the famous Mickey waffles are also on the brunch menu. The ice cream bar and bakery items will also be a part of this expansive buffet.
Hours for brunch are 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Brunch at Chef Mickey’s is included on the Disney Dining Plan as one table-service entitlement.
– Cody Woodbrey
Photo and content provided by Disney
Four new “Eat to the Beat” concert acts debut and several fan favorites return to America Gardens Theater during the 20th Annual Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival Sept. 25-Nov. 16, 2015.
Scheduled to perform are:
- David Cook – Sept. 25-27, 2015
- Wilson Phillips – Sept. 28-29, 2015
- Christopher Cross – Sept. 30-Oct. 1, 2015
- Starship – Oct. 2-4, 2015
- Smash Mouth – Oct. 5-7, 2015
- The Pointer Sisters – Oct.8-9, 2015
- 38 Special – Oct. 10-11, 2015
- Rick Springfield – Oct. 12-13, 2015
- Sugar Ray – Oct.14-16, 2015
- The S.O.S. Band – Oct. 17-18, 2015
- Air Supply – Oct.19-21, 2015
- Fuel – Oct. 22-23, 2015
- Tiffany (NEW!) – Oct. 24-25, 2015
- Dennis DeYoung – Oct. 26-28, 2015
- Jo Dee Messina – Oct. 29-30, 2015
- Everclear (NEW!) – Oct. 31-Nov. 1, 2015
- Boyz II Men – Nov. 2-4, 2015
- Sister Hazel – Nov. 5-6, 2015
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy – Nov. 7-9, 2015
- Hanson – Nov. 10-12, 2015
- Maxi Priest (NEW!) – Nov. 13-14, 2015
- Chaka Khan (NEW!) – Nov. 15-16, 2015
Please note: Daily show times take place at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8 p.m. Entertainment and appearances are subject to change without notice.
– Cody Woodbrey
Photo & content provided by Disney Destinations
Now open at Downtown Disney, The BOATHOUSE: Great Food, Waterfront Dining, Dream Boats is the first of several new restaurants coming to The Landing, a new neighborhood that will be part of Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort.
The BOATHOUSE is an upscale waterfront dining experience where you can feast on fresh seafood, a raw bar, steaks and chops while enjoying a display of rare dream boats from the 1930s – 1950s.
And, if you want more, you can purchase tickets for guided tours on The BOATHOUSE Amphicars, which launch from land and enter water with a splash, or The Venezia, a breathtaking 40-foot wooden Italian Water Taxi.
Plus, Harbor Master festivities take place throughout the day and evening. You can experience flag ceremonies and lively musical performances of beloved bugle songs. Inside, they can enjoy live entertainment featuring a variety of musical styles.
– Cody Woodbrey
A total of 13 new tenants were recently announced, including eight retail shops. With new retailers already aboard and new restaurants either open or coming soon, Downtown Disney is transforming into an exciting new waterfront district for world-class shopping, unique dining, and high-quality entertainment.
Newly announced tenants include:
- Zara: Owned by the Inditex Group, one of the world’s largest fashion retail groups. Zara is known for its men’s, women’s and children’s clothing and accessories, and how it expertly interprets current fashion and style trends of the season, delivering original designs to the consumer in a matter of weeks.
- Tommy Bahama: Iconic island lifestyle brand Tommy Bahama embodies relaxed sophistication. The hallmarks of this casual collection include island-inspired sportswear, denim, and swimwear for men and women in luxuriously soft silks and cottons, richly woven textures and eclectic prints.
- Lilly Pulitzer: The authentic American resort wear brand, Lilly Pulitzer, is landing in the heart of Disney and will be offering their clothing and accessories, optimistic outlook, and happy prints to those who’ve loved the brand for years and new Lilly Girls out there.
- UNIQLO: Leading global retailer UNIQLO designs, manufactures, and sells casual apparel that comes from the company’s Japanese values of simplicity, quality and longevity. The simplest design hides the most thoughtful details in clothing that is constantly being innovated to bring more warmth and lightness, better design and comfort to people’s lives.
- PANDORA: Building on its existing relationship with Disney Parks, the popular jewelry brand offers classic yet modern charm bracelets, along with necklaces, rings and earrings, as well as a line of exclusive Disney-themed jewelry.
- UGG: The UGG® brand is recognized as a premium lifestyle brand offering men’s, women’s and kid’s footwear as well as loungewear, outerwear, home products, cold weather accessories and handbags.
- L’Occitane en Provence: L’Occitane en Provence is an international skincare and beauty line celebrating the culture and beauty of Provence, France.
- Edward Beiner: A leading eyewear designer, purveyor and retailer, Edward Beiner offers today’s aspiring lifestyle-oriented customer the world’s most original, authentic and innovative designer, fashion and high performance eyewear.
- Edison: Inspired by The Edison venue in Los Angeles, this lavish “Industrial Gothic” -style restaurant, bar and nighttime destination is themed to a 1920s-period power plant, recalling an exuberant era of invention and imagination. It will feature exceptionally good classic American food, craft cocktails and live entertainment including cabaret and music.
- Sprinkles: The world’s first cupcake bakery, as named by Food Network and others, serves up handcrafted cupcakes, slow churned ice cream and homemade cookies. Their innovative Cupcake ATM satisfies sweet-toothed epicureans 24/7.
- Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza: Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza is a modern day “pizza joint” known for its custom-built artisanal pizzas, freshly made salads, blood orange lemonade and s’more pies. The fast-casual restaurant features an interactive assembly-line format that allows guests to customize their pizza, choosing from over 40 fresh, artisanal toppings – all for one price. The generously sized, 11-inch pizzas are “fast-fired” in a blazing hot open-flame oven and ready to enjoy in just 180 seconds.
- Vivoli Gelateria: Vivoli Gelateria serves expertly crafted gelato made with fresh, seasonal ingredients, panini sandwiches and espresso drinks.
- Tea Traders Café by Joffrey’s: Tea Traders Café by Joffrey’s specializes in premium loose-leaf teas (hot, iced, blended) featuring customs blends, accessories and packaged teas from all over the globe; created to go or for a tea experience in the café.
Stay tuned for updates as Downtown Disney continues to expand into Disney Springs.
– Cody Woodbrey
Photo & content provided by Disney Destinations